Call for Black Friday Mystery Deals ...

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:11 AM

James Hudson:

[I just still don't understand why someone wouldn't want to share good news with others, but that's just me!]

Other forum veterans know what the deals are and chose to not post them, why should I, the crass newbie, do so? This is my first experience of a Logos Black Friday sale and I waited for someone to post the deals and nobody did, which led me to believe that it was somehow forbidden. I applaud your willingness, though, to be the more generous person and share the good news Smile Yes

Whyndell Grizzard:

The responses (see Yasmin) I have seen here are the very reason this type approach to sales should not be used. It breeds suspicion, and snide sounding remarks (though not initial I'm sure)  which is never to be the way we deal with one another.

It wasn't my intention to be snide. I simply didn't want anyone to ask me to post what the deals were if I wasn't supposed to.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:14 AM

Martin Folley:
that is not as I understand it, and not as I have seen it expressed in these forums ... IF they are genuine offers avaialble to all. The sale page clearly suggests that there are several such mysteries that are available to all ... My question is what are those bundles ...  It seems as though it is a marketing fabrication ... That there are no specific bundles ... Just whatever is to hand ... according to who rings up ... And seems to be the completion of various sets etc.

Actually, an individualized list would possibly be a very good thing.  I'm not sure how it would be determined if it were individualized—possibly bases on the caller's wish list.  Can you imagine calling up and then finding that something on your wishlist is deeply discounted?  Sounds good to me.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 286
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:28 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

James Hudson:

[I just still don't understand why someone wouldn't want to share good news with others, but that's just me!]

Other forum veterans know what the deals are and chose to not post them, why should I, the crass newbie, do so? This is my first experience of a Logos Black Friday sale and I waited for someone to post the deals and nobody did, which led me to believe that it was somehow forbidden. I applaud your willingness, though, to be the more generous person and share the good news Smile Yes

Whyndell Grizzard:

The responses (see Yasmin) I have seen here are the very reason this type approach to sales should not be used. It breeds suspicion, and snide sounding remarks (though not initial I'm sure)  which is never to be the way we deal with one another.

It wasn't my intention to be snide. I simply didn't want anyone to ask me to post what the deals were if I wasn't supposed to.

Thanks Yasmin! Your intention was totally honourable and understandable. I've emailed Logos to ask them whether I can post the deals here.

Yours in Him,

James

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 10:31 AM

i don't know why they could or could not post them.  it mystifies me.  I called. I either had them or could not afford them, but were decent deals.  I don't remember what they were, lol.  a lot of help that is!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 286
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:01 AM

As I am a man of my word, I am posting the deals I was emailed yesterday (a week after I had emailed them!!!)

I know Black Friday was ages ago, but that is exactly my point. Is it any wonder I perfer online with its instant access.

My sales rep did apologise for the delay: "Sorry I am so late, it has been a nightmare around here".

I just don't understand when the tiny sales force are under so much pressure, and there are customers willing to part with their money, that Logos forces us to contact them for so-called 'mystery deals'. What I was emailed was an image - could that not easily be put on the website?

The only thing I see that Logos 'gets out of this' is poor 'good will'.

Pleasre reconsider this strange marketing policy!

Posts 286
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:08 AM

Oops - trying again as the image didn't seem to post. I've reduced image to 117k png format.

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:36 AM

James Hudson:

As I am a man of my word, I am posting the deals I was emailed yesterday (a week after I had emailed them!!!)

I know Black Friday was ages ago, but that is exactly my point. Is it any wonder I perfer online with its instant access.

My sales rep did apologise for the delay: "Sorry I am so late, it has been a nightmare around here".

I just don't understand when the tiny sales force are under so much pressure, and there are customers willing to part with their money, that Logos forces us to contact them for so-called 'mystery deals'. What I was emailed was an image - could that not easily be put on the website?

The only thing I see that Logos 'gets out of this' is poor 'good will'.

Please reconsider this strange marketing policy!

James Hudson:

Oops - trying again as the image didn't seem to post. I've reduced image to 117k png format.

Thanks James glad I didn't bother my overworked salesperson to get this list. All but one deal less than 30% discount so nothing spectacular if you didn't have a need for one of these sets.  Looks like Logos marketing once again overstating reality.  And the mixed response rate on email and chat - up to a week after the sale has finished shows they are pushing their sales staff to work way beyond what they can cope with in a normal working day.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:43 AM

James Hudson:

I'll try to email Logos myself and ask them for mystery specials (if there is anyone there now) and explicitly ask if there is any reason why I shouldn't post here.

James, you said you would ask the highlighted question; are you able to share the response?

Posts 286
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:55 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

James, you said you would ask the highlighted question; are you able to share the response?

Yes, I did ask the highlighted question in my email.

The email I got back only contained the apology and the image of the deals and no response to the question.

I figured if they felt it definitely shouldn't be posted they would have made a specific reply to my question. As no such undertaking was received, and as the deals are now over, and no Logos employee has replied to this thread, I felt I could post in good conscience.

Not much help, I know. But the next time it happens, I'll ask again and post in an equivalent thread.

James

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 4:02 AM

James Hudson:

Yasmin Stephen:

Yes, I did ask the highlighted question in my email.

Thanks for trying! Smile

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS