Depravity trumps grace?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Steve Walter | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 28 2014 7:31 PM

Just a quick word expressing concern over the number of posts which include ridicule, criticism, and overall negativity over the first-world problems we are facing regarding growing technological demands and carnal impatience.

Okay, that was for me as much as anybody...

Thank you, Logos, for what you have done to aid my ability to walk with Jesus, shepherd a local congregation, and learn deeply from the Word of God. 

Posts 99
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 7:39 PM

My thoughts exactly, Steve. I am so thankful for Logos and their hard work and innovation. I surprised at the offensive manner in which people express themselves towards Logos pricing and other issues. In our depravity we expect everyone else to be perfect (read Logos) but give ourselves a pass.

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 6:46 AM

Jarred Edgecombe:
In our depravity we expect everyone else to be perfect (read Logos) but give ourselves a pass.

Nothing new here. Just faster communication and the tendency to be more pugnacious when you can't actually see or hear the target of your irritation. Modern technology doesn't make people obnoxious; it just allows them to be obnoxious to a wider audience. Stick out tongue

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 6:55 AM

Obviously, some have not experienced changing the color of the drapery in the sanctuary.

Posts 956
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:06 AM

Jack Caviness:
Modern technology doesn't make people obnoxious; it just allows them to be obnoxious to a wider audience.
Yes

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:20 AM

Jack, when did you get glasses?  Getting old?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 10:17 AM

George Somsel:

Surprise That's my Bride, and she no longer wears glasses. Cataract surgery does wonders—but then you probably have already experienced this Stick out tongue I first acquired glasses when I began taking Greek—something about those accent marks not being distinct Geeked

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 10:27 AM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

Surprise That's my Bride, and she no longer wears glasses. Cataract surgery does wonders—but then you probably have already experienced this Stick out tongue I first acquired glasses when I began taking Greek—something about those accent marks not being distinct Geeked

I was wondering why you looked so purdy!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 1:44 PM

Jack Caviness:

George Somsel:

I did have surgery, but not for cataracts.  I now see 20/15 whereas before I practically had to stick my nose in a book unless I was wearing glasses or contacts.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS