This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 5:39 PM

I spoke with a sales rep.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 6:27 PM

James Hiddle:

Is it an automated call or do you speak to a live person?

I am in the UK and also work odd hours.  I decided to request the deals using the text chat button, but ended up waiting over 10 minutes for anybody to respond to my questions (I am imagining the Sales team were inundated).  

Consequently, I decided to call via Skype.  I loaded Skype with £10 of credit last year for calling the US and I've still got lots left.  Anyhow, I had a good live conversation (it's not automated), and although we didn't discuss the entire list of hidden resources, I was advised about the entire IVP Bible Dictionary set, which I purchased.  Today I discovered that the online chat person (with whom I eventually gave up as it took too long) had also kindly emailed me the 6 or so hidden/mystery deals.

Posts 2616
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 30 2014 5:01 PM

Another option for cheap calls is signing up with a company called "Callcentric".

They have free US landline numbers, which you can add to an Android phone as internet numbers. Receiving calls is free then. Not even a setup fee applies.

Outgoing calls cost a few cents, and require pre-payment.

Landline numbers of many counties in New Your State are free (the coolest of which is Fire Island :-) - other land line numbers also come at a monthly fee.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 7:03 AM

David Paul:

Two things.

First, as was pointed out in another thread, you can use the online chat option to speak to sales reps--you don't have to call. And there is Skype, as was pointed out above. I live in the US and I use Skype as my primary phone connection. My Logos sales rep said I had the clearest and richest connection of any customer he's ever spoken with, fwiw.

Also, I am pretty sure Bob has logical reasons for doing what he's doing. In this case, it's probably less about the deal than it is about getting people to develop relationships with Logos sales staff. This relationship will help virtually all Logos customers. Complaining about Bob trying to help his customers get the best possible deals is self-defeating silliness. Whether you choose to act on these particular deals or not, you will benefit from initiating a sales rep relationship.

Rather than seeing the cup half empty, see it half full.

You've missed the point. I can phone, I can live chat, but I'm not prepared to wait up till after midnight to do so. That's the inconvience. Not everybody lives in convenient US time zones and it would be easier just to post the information, or if there are publisher restrictions, to post an email address for contact and not make the assumption that everyone can phone in.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 7:08 AM

Alan:

You've missed the point. I can phone, I can live chat, but I'm not prepared to wait up till after midnight to do so. That's the inconvience. Not everybody loves inconvenient US time zones and it would be easier just to post the information, or if there are publisher restrictions, to post an email address for contact and not make the assumption that everyone can phone in.

I did live chat which failed due to them being so busy, but then somebody from Logos kindly emailed me the deals.  You could try emailing them and ask them for a list of deals to be emailed to you.

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:00 AM

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you see a 'phone only' offer, and you live where you can't phone us conveniently, please just email sales@logos.com

We'll try to remember to communicate this in the future promotions.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:23 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you see a 'phone only' offer, and you live where you can't phone us conveniently, please just email sales@logos.com

Thanks Bob. That's the great service we've come to expect.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 501
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:39 AM

Alan:

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks Bob. That's the great service we've come to expect.

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS