Page 2 of 14 (279 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 278 Replies | 20 Followers

Posts 454
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:35 AM

Bob,

Here are my initial thoughts:

New Features:

Improved Features:

• Thank you for making notes applicable to more than one verse in L6. If you could give us the option to visually show those connections (some sort of arrow linking the thought I'm representing in the note) that would be awesome.
  • Allow ePub import to PBB.
Posts 710
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:41 AM

Kevin Olson:

It would be great if you would do with Systematic Theologies what you have done with Ancient Literature in the passage guide.  Under the Topic Guide, and/or under the Factbook, please put a link to all the sections of the Systematic Theologies that are in your library for the given topic.

(For Logos 6, I wish you would put the NET Bible Notes under the Textual Variant Notes.)  

Great job on Logos 6!

Blessings,

Kevin 

Great idea! Yes

Posts 3075
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:48 AM

Dave Moser:

Bob,

Here are my initial thoughts:

New Features:

Improved Features:

• Thank you for making notes applicable to more than one verse in L6. If you could give us the option to visually show those connections (some sort of arrow linking the thought I'm representing in the note) that would be awesome.
  • Allow ePub import to PBB.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:52 AM

Resource specific note files would be great. When you open a resource and add a note it knows you want to use the note file X. 

Posts 1306
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 7:54 AM

Give us a way to suggest links like we can suggest typo fixes. You can have a person approve of them and then update the resources accordingly.

Posts 3075
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:15 AM

the ability to show up verses from Notes to power Look up.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1774
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:16 AM

Kevin Olson:
It would be great if you would do with Systematic Theologies what you have done with Ancient Literature in the passage guide.  Under the Topic Guide, and/or under the Factbook, please put a link to all the sections of the Systematic Theologies that are in your library for the given topic.

Now this is a good idea!

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:25 AM

mike:

3.Make Vyrso resources into Logos's resources. (without custom collection, YOU do the collections)

I'm not sure what this means. Have a way to filter to just Vyrso / not-Vyrso resources as a default collection?

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:27 AM

Veli Voipio:
2. Intelligent links (book version neutral and other functionality)(actually the Bible verse links are kind of advanced links: they can point to any language and version, and in some cases when the verse numbering is different, it can point to the correct content)

We already support 95+ 'canonical referencing schemes' that are book independent, like Bible verses, references to Shakespeare, Dead Sea Scrolls, Josephus, Philo, etc.

Do you just want more / better tagging with these, or are there some schemes we're missing?

(Dramatically improved 'biblio' links -- from bibliographies to editions of the resource in our library or on the web -- are planned for the future. We're working on that now.)

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:32 AM

James Hudson:
However, I stopped using UserVoice as it was clear that it was not being used by Logos employees. (evidence: rare comment from employees / very little marked as started and a few comments explaining why they won't be doing them - over the last 3 years).

I'm sorry it looks this way -- it actually gets a lot of attention, and I think Logos 6 shows that we were reading it closely. (Unfortunately 400 million notes suggestions were wrapped up in one entry, and so a huge amount of work went into knocking off just one UserVoice item... ;-) )

We may need to upgrade our account so that more than one person can give official answers. Right now you'll see many of the top items do have some feedback; the ones that don't are because we don't have a plan yet, but are continuing to monitor the item to gauge user interest. (We really don't see how/why to import/export notes to EverNote, for example. It seems like a massive amount of complexity, given he inherent difficulties of sync and the fact that EverNote doesn't feature attachment points like we do, which means it would be incredibly fragile /e asy to break a Logos note by editing in EverNote. But it has lots of votes so we keep watching it.)

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:34 AM

Ryan B:
Almost every reference book I buy has a brief author bio on either the back cover or inner jacket.

Ryan B:
Why not include it as a section in the Resource Information window for each book?

This is planned; we've invested a lot in getting good Author data associated with resources, and will start exposing it more, and in more places. (See https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=will+varner&Author=17030%7cWilliam+Varner&redirecttoauthor=true for an example.)

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:50 AM

Exegetical Guide Improvements:

If a Lexicon lists a certain definition for a certain passage, have that definition listed as a link or highlighted in the exegetical guide.  

For Example Romans 1:20 the word world (kosmos) is listed under the defination orderly universe in BDAG.  Show the link  in the exegetical guide to that passage in BDAG.

It would also be nice to have a compare all lexicons in context.  Sort of like a sense lexicon for all lexicons.  I know that all passages are not listed in the lexicons but if a certain passage is listed have that definition show up in the Exegetical Guide.      

Posts 946
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:55 AM

How about fixing journals that have languished for 2 years?

Posts 27
Chris Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:55 AM

I would be delighted to get one thing out of Logos 7:  SPEED. 

I run Logos on a Macbook Pro 2.3 GHz i5 with 16 GB RAM and SSD drive.  Logos is the only thing I run on this machine that I would characterize as really slow.  Really slow.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:57 AM

Integrate Vyrso in the accounting loop. I use credits to keep from having a large number of small charges. It works well with the Logos site, but all Vyrso transactions charge my credit card regardless of whether I have credit.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:57 AM

1. DRAMATICALLY improve the help file, perhaps distinguishing between introductory, intermediate and advanced concepts: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6782863-update-and-improve-the-help-file 

2. Improve user document searches display: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/5867222-improve-content-search-display

3. Improve offline functionality for mobile apps: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6782777-expand-offline-capabilities-of-mobile-apps

4. Perhaps as a corollary of # 1 and in the same line as the text converter, provide research data tools such guides to morphologies, to ancient literature abbreviations (using for instance the SBL guide): http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6782871-provide-guides-to-research-data-such-as-morphologi 

5. Enable users to choose whether to integrate different ecosystems (Vyrso, Noet, Logos) in terms of resources and settings.

6. Enable profiles for different users in the same family.

Posts 8680
LogosEmployee

Bob Pritchett:

James Hudson:
However, I stopped using UserVoice as it was clear that it was not being used by Logos employees. (evidence: rare comment from employees / very little marked as started and a few comments explaining why they won't be doing them - over the last 3 years).

I'm sorry it looks this way -- it actually gets a lot of attention, and I think Logos 6 shows that we were reading it closely.

I just marked 41 suggestions as completed on Thursday. (Even if you argue that "Rework notes function" wasn't really completed, that leaves 40 items that were.)

James Hudson:
I would like to see evidence for this by Logos putting a 'started' for (say) the top 10 user requests! [I still don't have the confdence yet that that will actually happen - if it doesn't then I still have to wonder whether they really want customers opinions!]

I'm confused by this. Are you saying that we should mark the top ten suggestions as started just because they're the top ten on UserVoice? We won't be doing that, because we don't practice "UserVoice-driven development". It is definitely an important source of customer feedback, but we also take the following into account: Suggestions forum posts, ideas on this thread, emails to Bob, feedback from Morris Proctor training seminars, aggregated feedback from phone calls to CS, usage analytics from the software, customer comments at conferences, feedback from our field sales reps, etc.

If you're just asking us to mark things that are started as "Started", I think we do a pretty good job of that. (We do intentionally change the UserVoice status late in the process, because we sometimes internal or external forces cause us to temporarily put something on the backburner, and we've seen that it's frustrating to customers for items to linger in the "Started" state for a long time, or even go back to having no status.)

Posts 8680
LogosEmployee

Johannes Hendrink Menkveld:
I am very happy you are so willing to pay attention to uservoice, but my feeling is that a very small percentage of users is actually using the tool.

UserVoice is just one of our feedback channels: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96967/668592.aspx#668592 

(But it does provide a very valuable feature of quickly sorting suggestions by popularity, which is why we're promoting it in this thread.)

Posts 217
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:07 AM

Bob Pritchett:

James Hudson:

I'm sorry it looks this way -- it actually gets a lot of attention, and I think Logos 6 shows that we were reading it closely. (Unfortunately 400 million notes suggestions were wrapped up in one entry, and so a huge amount of work went into knocking off just one UserVoice item... ;-) )

We may need to upgrade our account so that more than one person can give official answers. Right now you'll see many of the top items do have some feedback; the ones that don't are because we don't have a plan yet, but are continuing to monitor the item to gauge user interest. (We really don't see how/why to import/export notes to EverNote, for example. It seems like a massive amount of complexity, given he inherent difficulties of sync and the fact that EverNote doesn't feature attachment points like we do, which means it would be incredibly fragile /e asy to break a Logos note by editing in EverNote. But it has lots of votes so we keep watching it.)

Thank-you! As I said, I am heartened that you have made it clear that you actually use User Voice.

The '400 million' notes suggestions and even the current high flier about 'Evernote' should show what customers want - as I read it, there has been a great clarion call for an improvement in notes (over the last 3 and a half years) and there are still (even in Logos 6) weakness in the notes functionality and still many outstanding features from that one User Voice option that haven't yet been implemented (despite the 'huge amount of work" for which we thank you).

Many users over the years have given up on you ever doing anything related to notes and consequently since moved to other solutions (such as Evernote - and hence the other high-count user voice option). You may have missed the boat a little!

My personal number one suggestion for Logos 7 would be to implement all the unimplemented notes features in the now (for some reason "complete") Rework notes option.

Anyway, thanks for continuing to listen to your customers and your drive and desire to create the best Bible study software while trying to juggle and manage the myriad and conflicting suggestions, thoughts, advice from us forum users Wink

We really do appreciate you, your company, your concern and your passion. Thanks Bob!

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:13 AM

Provide some type of auto alignment capability on layouts. This would move the position of all books in the layout to a certain point in the Bible if they have that type of index.

Suppose I am studying Hebrews, chapter by chapter. What I do now is keep a primary layout that has links on every resource. I have already selected all of the Bibles and commentaries that I want to review by using the other tools available. So I use this layout to reset the position in all the Bibles and commentaries. After the reset, I remove all links and just put back the links on my primary Bible and Copy Bible verses. Then I store this layout to use in this increment of my study. That way as I read each commentary I do not have the overhead of all of them moving as I read and when I go to the next one it starts right on the place I want to read.

Then when I am ready to do a new chapter, I repeat this whole exercise and store a new layout for the next study.

It would short-cut the process if I had a special command to realign all the resources in the layout without having each one linked beforehand. That way I could keep the links I want during use, but still be able to reposition whenever I wanted.

I hope this makes sense. If there is already a better way to do this , someone let me know.

Edit: This is a pain and complex because I may have as many as 40-50 resources in the layout, including commentaries, sermons and journals.

Page 2 of 14 (279 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS