Crash/Hang: Logos 6 is not opening.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Big Tex | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:45 PM

2451.LogosLogs.ABC123.20141129-192827.zip

When I try to open the app, the SIGN IN page opens up.  Then it disappears.  I get the the little blue Logos icon in the top Mac Menu Bar.  It last for about 30 seconds.  If you hover over it says "Logos Is preparing your library, step 1 of 3," then it too disappears.

Posts 8880
LogosEmployee

Does it start OK if you disable logging (with the utility)?

There's been a post recently about a crash at startup (if running with logging enabled) due to bad folder permissions. I'm just wondering if it's possible your computer is also affected by a similar problem.

Posts 20
Big Tex | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 8:25 PM
YOU ARE THE MAN! That was it. i turned on the utility, set Logging to disabled and then started Logos. Voila! It worked just fine in terms of starting. it doesn't fix the original issue I was trying to solve when i was told to turn on logging. So how do I log the actual issue i was trying to fix if logging isn't working? Any ideas? AND thanks for that. That was very helpful!
Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 9:24 PM

If it is a permissions issue, starting the disk utility (should be in the utilities folder in your applications folder) and running fix permissions might solve your problem.

-Dan

Posts 20
Big Tex | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 30 2014 10:34 AM

Hi Dan,

I ran this and then tried running Logos again.  That was not the issue. The repair permissions fixed something that mainly had to do with printers from what i could see.  I then went and started the logging app, set it to Logging Enabled, and started Logos.  Nothing... same as before.  Says it is signing in and then disappears.  So i had to go back to logging app, set it to Logging Disabled, and then started Logos.  Worked like a champ.  I think the issue is with the logging app.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:06 AM

Dan,

I just started having the same issue.  How do you disable the logging app?  I looked in the utilities folder and couldn't find anything that said "logging".  Thanks.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:24 AM

Dan,

Please ignore previous post.  I repaired permissions and everything started working again.  DUH!!  Sorry.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS