Page 5 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 89 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:17 AM

Eric Weiss:

The Logos description says it’s 16 volumes, which includes volume 16 with a lot of supplementary articles. However, what Logos just rolled out to us is only volumes 1 through 15.

How do we get volume 16 included in our Catholic encyclopedia?

The 16th volume is an index of the first 15 volumes. That index is contained in the table of contents feature. There were no additional entries in the 16th volume. I apologize for the confusion.

Posts 11501
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:34 AM

TL Putnam:
The 16th volume is an index of the first 15 volumes. That index is contained in the table of contents feature. There were no additional entries in the 16th volume.

I'm not really sure - in another thread the 16th volume was shared even as a PB source: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/197592/1145150.aspx#1145150 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:44 AM

NB.Mick:

TL Putnam:
The 16th volume is an index of the first 15 volumes. That index is contained in the table of contents feature. There were no additional entries in the 16th volume.

I'm not really sure - in another thread the 16th volume was shared even as a PB source: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/197592/1145150.aspx#1145150 

I'll have to look further into this. There was a decision to forgo adding one of the supplemental volumes in order to get the main volumes shipped more quickly, but I thought that was a 17th volume. Perhaps I'm off by a number.

Posts 2816
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 9:52 AM

TL Putnam:
There was a decision to forgo adding one of the supplemental volumes in order to get the main volumes shipped more quickly,

To be honest this is worrying, hopefully this will be rectified after your investigation.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 2:03 PM

TL Putnam:
I'll have to look further into this. There was a decision to forgo adding one of the supplemental volumes in order to get the main volumes shipped more quickly, but I thought that was a 17th volume. Perhaps I'm off by a number.

Volume 16 provides articles and an index. Neither the articles--the first of which is "Aarhus, Ancient See of"--nor the index exist in my Verbum library.

Then there was then a 1918 supplement--a short one--that addressed changes in canon law.

Finally there was a 1922 supplement, which is Volume 17.

Interestingly, the New Advent site, which Verbum's Catholic Encyclopedia resource is clearly derived from, does include the articles from Volume 16.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 3:04 PM

I'm looking into it.

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:06 PM

SineNomine:
Volume 16 provides articles and an index.

We will be producing the articles from Volume 16. Their omission was an oversight. 

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 4:13 PM

SineNomine:

It's a little odd to see it in my library as a Logos Reader Edition; given that there is no such indication of that on its product page and that it is an encyclopedia, of all things, I would like to assume that it will soon be a Logos Research Edition.

The Catholic Encyclopedia is closer to a Research Edition than a Reader Edition, however, it does lack some tagging that a full research edition would have. It is fully integrated with Factbook, and packs more punch than a typical Reader Edition.

If you find that it is missing some desired functionality, let us know and we'll see if we can rectify it.

Posts 675
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 5:49 PM

TL Putnam:

SineNomine:

We will be producing the articles from Volume 16. Their omission was an oversight. 

Thank you Yes

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2021 2:57 PM

TL Putnam:

SineNomine:

We will be producing the articles from Volume 16.

Great!

TL Putnam:

SineNomine:

It's a little odd to see it in my library as a Logos Reader Edition; given that there is no such indication of that on its product page and that it is an encyclopedia, of all things, I would like to assume that it will soon be a Logos Research Edition.

The Catholic Encyclopedia is closer to a Research Edition than a Reader Edition, however, it does lack some tagging that a full research edition would have. It is fully integrated with Factbook, and packs more punch than a typical Reader Edition.

If you find that it is missing some desired functionality, let us know and we'll see if we can rectify it.

Will do.

If there was actually a public list of the differences between Research Editions and Reader Editions, I think there would be less confusion about why the Catholic Encyclopedia isn't a Research Edition.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Page 5 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS