Page 2 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 90 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1623
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 10:51 PM

Dan Francis:

What really needs to happen is this Item should be like gill and placed in verbum 7 packages so it can be made. I think this would  offer more value to Catholics than gill offers to Baptists. But I suppose that is all relative.

Dan

I think this has value for the Lutherans, too. Martin Luther was Catholic for his whole life.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 5080
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 6:49 AM

Veli Voipio:

Dan Francis:

What really needs to happen is this Item should be like gill and placed in verbum 7 packages so it can be made. I think this would  offer more value to Catholics than gill offers to Baptists. But I suppose that is all relative.

Dan

I think this has value for the Lutherans, too. Martin Luther was Catholic for his whole life.

As were, and in the same way, Melancthon, Zwingli, Calvin, John Knox, and Thomas Cranmer.

Posts 1623
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 1:00 AM

Now when the Orthodox base packages are out, it came into my mind what is going on with this Catholic encyclopedia? 

https://www.logos.com/product/8511/the-catholic-encyclopedia 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 276
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 5:08 AM

I would hazard to bet that the production costs for the Catholic encyclopedia will magically drop just before the Logos 7 base packages come out, and Faithlife starts looking for big stocking stuffers. :)

Posts 31911
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 1:10 AM

Greg F:

I would hazard to bet that the production costs for the Catholic encyclopedia will magically drop just before the Logos 7 base packages come out, and Faithlife starts looking for big stocking stuffers. :)

Logic alert (my specialty) - the costs need not "magically drop" one merely factors in the projected income generated by the Logos 7 base packages.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 276
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 2:27 AM

All roads lead to Rome. ;)

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 2:34 AM

I hope the same is true of the Liturgy of the Hours - a significant liturgical book-set of the Latin Church not yet in Verbum!

Posts 293
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:01 AM

After a long wait, the Catholic Encyclopedia is now available in Verbum 9 Silver and above!

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:14 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

After a long wait, the Catholic Encyclopedia is now available in Verbum 9 Silver and above!

It's been a while but great to have in our libraries now.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 293
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:19 AM

It will ship soon after launch day.

Posts 102
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:50 AM

Do I need to cancel my pre-order or will it automatically recognize I have it now?

Posts 293
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:56 AM

You do not need to cancel your preorder, and you will not (ever!) be charged twice for something own.

Posts 5080
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:07 AM

Dan Francis:
What really needs to happen is this Item should be like gill and placed in verbum 7 packages so it can be made.

Verbum 7, Verbum 9... whatever. Wink

Posts 240
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:01 PM

What happens to the Community Pricing bids/bidders?  Does an arbitrary "strike price" get set on this as a pseudo pre-order, or does the Catholic Encyclopedia just count as something like a failed community pricing attempt?

Posts 1033
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:05 PM

Brian Losabia:

What happens to the Community Pricing bids/bidders?  Does an arbitrary "strike price" get set on this as a pseudo pre-order, or does the Catholic Encyclopedia just count as something like a failed community pricing attempt?

In the past the price is normally taken as the projected bid price (i.e. $30) and the bids either succeed or fail accordingly. 

Posts 5080
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 2:08 PM

Mike Pettit:

Brian Losabia:

In the past the price is normally taken as the projected bid price (i.e. $30) and the bids either succeed or fail accordingly. 

At least normally there has been at least a few days' notice, so that people who bid under the winning price can adjust it as desired.

Posts 240
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:14 PM

Thanks all for the feedback.  It may be a little while before I can make the upgrade leap that I'd like to, so being able to add the (long desired) Catholic Encyclopedia would be a terrific addition to tide me over until then.

Posts 5080
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 4:21 PM

Brian Losabia:
It may be a little while before I can make the upgrade leap that I'd like to,

Just noting that it's not normally more expensive to make a series of little jumps than to make a big one. In fact, it can be cheaper.

Posts 293
LogosEmployee

Brian Losabia:

Thanks all for the feedback.  It may be a little while before I can make the upgrade leap that I'd like to, so being able to add the (long desired) Catholic Encyclopedia would be a terrific addition to tide me over until then.

Brian, the Catholic Encyclopedia will be available for individual purchase in the coming months.

Posts 316
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 6:34 PM

I got this email today. It showed up in my junk folder. Strange, that hasn't happened before. 

Bidding will close on 11/6/2020 at 12:00pm Pacific time for The Catholic Encyclopedia (16 vols.).

The current community price for this product is $30.00.

Your bid for this product is $30.00.

Upon closing, your current bid will be successful and your Pre-Pub order for this product will be placed at the community price.

Page 2 of 5 (91 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS