[resolved] Copy and Pasting from the Text Comparison Window?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 3 2014 8:55 PM

The Text Comparison module is one of the aspect of Logos that I use daily. But its frustrating to not be able to just copy a bit of verse and paste it into the document I'm working on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to copy and paste from that window?

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 9:18 PM

Use Print/Export (Ctrl+P in Windows) and you can use Copy to clipboard, but it is a long way way round for a "bit of verse" when Copy Bible Verses could be open and set to Follow! Then you set the verse you want and copy/paste.

EDIT: you can select and copy directly from the TC window. Either one translation or a single verse from a row of translations.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 6:24 AM

Hi Dave,

I guess your response is the confirmation that it's not just a bug that I'm experiencing.

Do you know what are the technical aspects preventing Logos from allowing copy-pasting from with the Text comparison window? It seems so intuitive!

Posts 50
Darrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 6:34 AM

I tried it and I can copy from the Text Comparison window. Try copying from the end of the verse instead of the beginning. I can copy all the verses in the window this way or any portion of any verse and then paste into any word processing application I have open.

Hope this helps.

Dell Lap Top Win 10_Home,  Logos 7,    

Samsung gs7 phone

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 9:51 AM

Stéphane Kapitaniuk:

The Text Comparison module is one of the aspect of Logos that I use daily. But its frustrating to not be able to just copy a bit of verse and paste it into the document I'm working on.

Does anyone know if there is a way to copy and paste from that window?

I, too am unable to copy from this window.

Either I get no response to a click and drag to highlight the text or, on occasion, the whole lot highlights and drags off the panel.

OSX 10.10.1 and Beta 1 and OSX 10.10.1 and SR1.

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 12:46 PM

Stéphane Kapitaniuk:
Do you know what are the technical aspects preventing Logos from allowing copy-pasting from with the Text comparison window?

Only that you are on a Mac? I found that I could copy in Windows, so you may have to use a workaround until, hopefully, it is fixed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8009
LogosEmployee

Mac doesn't support text selection in Text Comparison.

The only way to have platform parity here (in the near future) would be to disable text selection on the Windows version.

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 3:35 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
The only way to have platform parity here...

I could be magnanimous about parity in this caseSmile But the Mac community would clearly like to have parity

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 11:41 PM

Any plans in the less near future to get this to mac also? I would use this feature every day.

Posts 4642
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:08 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Mac doesn't support text selection in Text Comparison.

The only way to have platform parity here (in the near future) would be to disable text selection on the Windows version.

That is sad. When Bob promised us a program 'built for the Mac from the ground up' I wonder why he considered the inability to select text in the Text Comparison' window a ground breaking feature?

Posts 5
Rita James | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 9:28 AM

I was able to copy and paste in a Mac by using cmd-P and then copying from the print window.

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2015 10:02 AM

Good idea Rita. But that still doesn't mean that Logos shouldn't fix the Mac engine! :-)

Posts 2
Scott Coleman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2016 5:39 PM

This worked for me as well. 

Posts 7
Mel Ambrose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 2:57 AM

Thanks. I  have never used Cmd-P before. It worked fine for me. Only one extra step. No complaints here.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS