New International Dictionary of NT Theology and Exegesis ships soon!

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:02 PM

Anyone else looking forward to this shipping tomorrow?

https://www.logos.com/product/45403/new-international-dictionary-of-new-testament-theology-and-exegesis

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 647
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:04 PM

Another charge for the next Visa bill... But will enjoy having this resource.

Posts 1045
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 10:56 PM

Bruce Dunning:
  Yes

Posts 635
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 11:49 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Anyone else looking forward to this shipping tomorrow?

I am. I didn't have the old set so it seemed like the ideal time to pick it up.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 1881
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:56 AM

What's the difference from the old set?

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:09 AM
I'd really love this resource, and had it on pre-pub, but at this time of year I had to cancel it (something I rarely do)...:(
Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:20 AM

I bought it in Accordance instead yesterday Thursday, ¢95 cheaper until today, Friday. Was difficult to afford however as I placed a very large Logos order early this week.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 3223
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:27 AM

Cancelled my order as well- have the old version it'll be enough.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 3:08 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Cancelled my order as well- have the old version it'll be enough.

Ditto, would like the new version but can't justify the cost on top of what I have spent with Logos 6 when I have the old version. For my needs the old version will suffice for the present.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 3:45 AM

For those interested, here is a detailed primer document on the new edition, and a blog post from Logos on the new edition.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:14 PM

I considered purchasing the new edition but decided against it.  I compared the entry on Abraham in the old edition to the new.  The edits were minor, except for a sentence (in a discussion of the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus) that was dropped completely (which I've bolded):

"Judaism frequently expected intercession by Abraham who lives with God (Lk. 16:22ff.). The same is true of Isaac and Jacob (→ Advocate). But this was not without conditions, as Jesus’ parable indicates. Intercession by those who already have eternal life for those who still await death is basic to the idea of the invocation of saints."

I wonder if it was such a good idea to assign the editing task to one person.  Not to debate the merits of the doctrine of the invocation of the saints, but I wonder how much the editor imposed his own theological views on the finished product.

Posts 1058
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 1:44 PM

I see the paper version is $125 at CBD and the Logos version is $160. Hmmm... I think the original edition will have to suffice for me, at least until the Canadian dollar rebounds.

Posts 2437
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:21 PM

I probably won't use it right after I index it, but there's been enough scholarship to justify getting it as a useful reference. I've never regretted the time spent with language study or having the resources so accessible in Logos.

I'm definitely readyGeeked 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2598
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:25 PM

Received email that NIDNTTE has begun to ship! Looking forward to this one.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2437
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:31 PM

Don Awalt:
For those interested, here is a detailed primer document on the new edition, and a blog post from Logos on the new edition.

Thanks for the primer link. Just put on my Google drive for reading.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1045
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 4:05 PM

Just downloaded mine.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 6:43 PM

Looking forward to using mine now!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS