Apologetic Collections

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 5 2014 5:20 AM

I have been messing around with making different collections. I am wanting to make one devoted to apologetic books only. Is there an easy way to do this or must one go through the library book by book and try and judge them by the cover?
Also is there a place where people share their collections and one can just copy and paste them. (Am i even asking this question right .LOL)
thanks for your help, earl

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 5:46 AM

This is the rule I use: it's not very elegant, but it does a pretty good job of finding most of what I am looking for. It also depends what you define as Apologetics: whereas I'd count Polkinghorne's books on faith and science as apologetic, I have indcluded them. You'll notice I have used a mytag as part of the selection - this is simply because I found myself adding so many books manually that I added the tag in the end. 

The search string I use is: 

(apologetics OR science OR Mytag:Apologetics)ANDNOT((author:Wells,Laniak)OR(title:"Christian Theology",)OR type:lexicon))

The bit after the ANDNOT gets rid of the theology books, Hebrew lexicons and books by H G Wells that the search finds. I also somehow get the Quran included. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 627
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 5:50 AM

Hi Earl,

In my apologetics collection I have quite a few that I have manually added (+ Plus these resources) but the string I use is:

Apologetics OR author:geisler OR title:"basic questions" OR author:lindsay OR apologetic  OR  mormon* OR watchtower OR worldview OR atheist OR "jehovah* witness*" OR evolution OR author:copan

...and I've found it quite helpful. You may also be interested in checking out these Example Collections to get other ideas for search strings.

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 6:51 AM

Hi Earl,

This is the rule I've used:

Subject:(Apologeti,”Christianity—Philosophy”,Cosmology,Ethics,Evangeli,Evidence,Miracle,Mormon,”Spiritual warfare”,Trinity,Witness), Title:(Apologetics,Faith,Manifesto,Wicket)

Posts 23012
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 7:22 AM

Earl R Click Jr:

Also is there a place where people share their collections and one can just copy and paste them. (Am i even asking this question right .LOL)

The Faithlife group at https://faithlife.com/commentary-types/activity is designed to allow people to share collections.

you need to join as a member and then you will be able to download collections as required 

Posts 10

Hello, 

Could anyone suggest me some good series with apologetic books

(or, better, the most complete serie of apologetic books in Logos),

useful for research,

or even some books separately? 

Thanks in advance!

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 7:26 PM

Filotheos-Fotios Dr.Maroudas:

Check out the Philosophy and Apologetics Bundle that is still on sale for 15% off in addition to the already discounted bundle. - https://www.logos.com/bundles

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 7:28 PM

The Geisler series touches on many commonly encountered issues.

https://www.logos.com/product/8810/the-norman-l-geisler-apologetics-library 

Posts 650
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 7:39 PM

Hello, 

(or, better, the most complete serie of apologetic books in Logos),

useful for research,

or even some books separately? 

Thanks in advance!

Baker has a nice collection and don’t forget The Journal of Biblical Apologetics.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 18887
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 7:44 PM

There's Baker Apologetics Collection (5 vols.) [EDIT: Ah, I see Scott already mentioned it while I was composing my answer]

Also don't neglect Vyrso, where you can find:

Intellectuals Don't Need God & Other Modern Myths: Building Bridges to Faith Through Apologetics by Alister McGrath

Truth with Love: The Apologetics of Francis Schaeffer by Bryan A. Follis

The Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics: Surveying the Evidence for the Truth of Christianity

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 8:08 PM

Graham Criddle:

Earl R Click Jr:

The Faithlife group at https://faithlife.com/commentary-types/activity is designed to allow people to share collections.

you need to join as a member and then you will be able to download collections as required 

Faithlife Group Logos Collections => https://faithlife.com/logos-collections/documents currently has 316 Collections available to download, including Apologetics.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10769
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 5:10 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yes! I'd suggest the genre filter: https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=&Genre=Theology&Genre_Theology=Apologetics&start=&sort=savings&pageSize=60 - I ordered it by savings, so you can see there are quite some interings titles on sale, including "Come Let Us Reason" from Paul Copan & William Lane Craig.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS