How to check if my Logos 6 is 64 bits?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:42 PM

This morning when I opened Logos 6, it asked me to restart to install a update and I did. 

Then a window popped up and asked me to choose a file install and so I located the file, a only file in the folder, that contained the words somethinkg like 64bits.msi and clicked 'ok'. But the procedure stopped there. I had to close the installation window. I was able to reopen the Logos6 successfully. But I wonder if the installation went through successfully or not. 

It seems to me that Logos6 was about to upgrade to 64bit version. 

Anybody knows about it?

Thanks in advance.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:51 PM

Bokman Han:

This morning when I opened Logos 6, it asked me to restart to install a update and I did. 

Then a window popped up and asked me to choose a file install and so I located the file, a only file in the folder, that contained the words somethinkg like 64bits.msi and clicked 'ok'. But the procedure stopped there. I had to close the installation window. I was able to reopen the Logos6 successfully. But I wonder if the installation went through successfully or not. 

It seems to me that Logos6 was about to upgrade to 64bit version. 

Anybody knows about it?

Thanks in advance.

When you have Logos running, open Task Manager and find it in the list of running processes.  If it doesn't have a (32 bit) or a *32 next to it in the process list, then it is 64-bit.  Hope that helps!

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 12:57 PM

The installer detects whether your machine is 32 or 64 bit and loads the proper files. ... It is capable of 64 bit operation but does not require that we have 64 bit machines. Smile

Posts 106
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:03 PM

Thanks brothers!

In Task Manager, it has no "32". So I believe I have 64 bit version. 

Posts 627
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 2:11 PM

No one explains it better than Mark . . .

Mark Barnes:

I'm not sure about Windows 7, but in Windows 8 Task Manager, you can add a column to the Details tab called "Platform". Right click on the column headers to do so.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 3:23 PM

With Logos open, click the  "?" in the upper right. Then "About Logos Bible Software" Find the build numbers in the upper left . 32 bit version is clearly marked 32 bit. ....64 just gives the build number.

Posts 1002
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 12:15 AM

Scott E. Mahle:
No one explains it better than Mark . .

Just checked in Win 7. You can add columns but platform is not one of them. I thought I knew windows 7 pretty well but had not discovered that you can add columns! Every day is a learning day.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS