Mac L5 and L6 on the Same computer?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 5 2014 11:42 PM

Is this possible?

I want to use Logos on the family computer.

My twins each have Logos accounts ... the have a couple of bibles and that is about it. They are not ready for the contents of a base package, and neither is my wallet!

My wife also had an L5 account ...  and a bit more stuff ... but no base package.

I have 'too much' stuff and L6.

If I installed L6, would the rest of the family be able to use it? (knowing that they would not have the data sets, and may have the inline searching).

Is it possible to install L5 and L6 on the same computer?

Any advice?

Any rumours of family accounts, where each keep their own notes, and I can share resources where suitable?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 4592
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 3:57 AM

On my computer Logos 6 is installed entirely within my user account so I am guessing that if my wife wanted a Logos account and installed the program within her user account there would be no problem.

At least I can't think what the problem might be  :-)

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 4:31 AM

Hmmm ... Interesting ... my installation is in HDD/Applications rather than HDD/Users/Martin/Applications.

I presume that reflects where we dragged the logos app when we first installed it.

Posts 27428
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 5:00 AM

Martin Folley:
my installation is in HDD/Applications rather than HDD/Users/Martin/Applications.

Your data files and resource downloads should be in your USER library. I don't know what would happen trying to run Logos in multiple user accounts... 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 6 2014 5:54 AM

I'm running L6 On our iMac in my user account and my wife is running L5 in her user accounts with no problems. Both L5 and L6 apps are in the standard Applications folder. All I had to do was rename L5 as it automatically was altered upon the L6 installation 

Posts 4592
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 12:48 AM

alabama24:

Martin Folley:
my installation is in HDD/Applications rather than HDD/Users/Martin/Applications.

Your data files and resource downloads should be in your USER library. I don't know what would happen trying to run Logos in multiple user accounts... 

Hi Alabama

Subject to not dragging the application out of its default 'Applications' folder on installation. If Logos is in your user account what would leak over to another user that would stop them running their own installation. I don't think that users personal applications hold anything in common?

(As I see Andrew has confirmed.)

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 10:17 AM

OK

Thanks All.

I will try to move L5 into a user folder before running L6 ... and see what happens. To be honest, I am a little curious to see if the twins can use L6 ... minus data sets ... 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 11:46 AM

Martin Folley:
I will try to move L5 into a user folder before running L6 ... and see what happens. To be honest, I am a little curious to see if the twins can use L6 ... minus data sets ...

Wiki has => https://wiki.logos.com/Install_in_different_folder_or_drive#OS_X

Logos can have more than one application user => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/51420/378719.aspx#378719

Personally prefer one application user per OS accounts so have Logos and Verbum applications in the user's Documents folder, which works fine with different versions: 4, 5, and 6.  Also have used symbolic links after relocating Application Support folders to a different volume with more free space.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS