BUG Pre pub order not working

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 11 2014 10:30 AM

I just tried ordering the Elmer L Towns collection but the button is Gray ( though I haven't ordered it. When I click pre-order it just takes me to my pre pub list.

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 10:40 AM

This belongs in the Logos.com forum, where it will get more attention than in General.

Posts 2775
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:17 AM

Sean McIntyre:

I just tried ordering the Elmer L Towns collection but the button is Gray ( though I haven't ordered it. When I click pre-order it just takes me to my pre pub list.

Sean, sometimes Faithlife pulls resources. Often, these simply go gray instead of disappearing.  That might be what happened.  I still have some J MacArthur commentaries that were on pre-pub when the whole fiasco happened where they lost access to these...they still show, but are grayed out.

HTH.

(I would still take Rosie's advice and post this on the Logos.com forum...)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Sean McIntyre:

Is it possible that you have purchased https://www.logos.com/product/43558/pentecostal-and-charismatic-silver ?

If so, it already includes all of the resources contained within: https://www.logos.com/product/31901/elmer-l-towns-collection

As such, we would gray it out because you already own it.

I'll  acknowledge that we could do a better job of telling you *why* we grayed the button.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:26 PM

Cameron Watters (Faithlife):

Sean McIntyre:

Is it possible that you have purchased https://www.logos.com/product/43558/pentecostal-and-charismatic-silver ?

If so, it already includes all of the resources contained within: https://www.logos.com/product/31901/elmer-l-towns-collection

As such, we would gray it out because you already own it.

I'll  acknowledge that we could do a better job of telling you *why* we grayed the button.

I recently just bought that bundle and I didn't realise that I had those resources.  However, it was sent to me as a 'personalised' offer and so I naturally assumed that (the offer being specially personalised for me) that it was not in my collections.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:27 PM

Rosie Perera:

This belongs in the Logos.com forum, where it will get more attention than in General.

I clicked on forums in Logos.com

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 7:17 PM

Sean McIntyre:

Rosie Perera:

I clicked on forums in Logos.com

No, that isn't what I meant. I meant that this should have been posted to the forum that's titled "Logos.com" which is for issues or questions about the website. It's further down the list of forums, about 8 from the bottom. The General forum (the one you selected, up at the top) is about general stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other categories.

I know that it's kind of overwhelming with all those forums. I've been hoping they would organize them better into sub-sections so people can find the right forum to post it more easily.

The basic forums you're likely to need are Logos 6 for issues/questions with the Logos 6 software (or Logos 5 or Logos 4 for earlier versions); Suggestions for feature and resource requests (specific denominational Resources forums exist if you have a particular target in mind); the mobile forums (e.g. Android Apps) if you use any of the Logos mobile apps; and Logos.com for issues to do with the website.

I can have this thread moved to the "Logos.com" form for you, where it's more likely to catch the attention of the developers who work on the Logos website. Never mind. It's a moot point now that I see you've had your question answered. But for future reference...now you know.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS