Who has gained from the changes of Maps in Logos 6?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 26507
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 10:22 PM

Robert Dean, Jr:

It's an Edsel!!

Do you have any idea what a genuine Studebaker Edsel is worth? Or how the last Edsel was retagged as a Lincoln Mercury? (Okay, I don't really know cars ... my eldest brother owned a 100% Studebaker Edsel and was active in judging Edsels at car shows.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 1:15 AM

Ward Walker:
It was helpful to quickly get an idea of what else was out there in Logos...while the staff has attempted to curate the content to be of a higher quality, sometimes something else scratched the itch.

Agreed. The current focus seems to be on quality rather than quantity, but sometimes we want to see the quantity and make our own decisions about quality. Depending on our purposes, one of the lower quality maps might have been just perfect because it showed exactly the region we wanted to teach about with just the right labels on it, even if the resolution wasn't the best or zoomability was absent.

Yes, ideally someday we'll be able to choose what cities to label, but that will be a lot of work for us too, and sometimes a quick and dirty map that already happens to have what we want on it does the trick.

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 7:47 AM

MJ ... your brother's going to kill you.  Studebaker Edsel??   Edsel Ford?   (Not to mention the best car design until VW introduced the bus.)

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:43 AM

Denise:
MJ ... your brother's going to kill you.  Studebaker Edsel??

Maybe not. Did a Google for Studebaker Edsel and receive a few hits, two of which actually featured such a hybrid Huh?

Posts 26507
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 1:17 PM

Denise:

MJ ... your brother's going to kill you.  Studebaker Edsel??   Edsel Ford?   (Not to mention the best car design until VW introduced the bus.)

You are absolutely right ... I guess I was also thinking of when I was about 5 and the Studebaker dealer always asked me what kind of car I wanted. To which I'd answer "a red Studebaker divertible" ... I have no idea how old I was when someone finally told me it was a CONvertible.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2939
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 6:06 AM

steve clark:
this helps me a little more than Facts did

Yes, Thank you Steve, that's what exactly  I mean.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:22 AM

Points taken. See my reply to another thread here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93599/675676.aspx#675676

Posts 2939
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 11:13 AM

Eli Evans:

Points taken. See my reply to another thread here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93599/675676.aspx#675676

Thank you Eli Evans,I am so greatful for addressing the problem of the issue of  Maps in Logos 6. I am hopping to see more usable,Zoomable and easily functional. And have our choices of comarision respected as we used to have in Logos 5.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 11:26 AM

Eli Evans:

thanks, Eli!

Charlene

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS