Does Logos 4 Have a "Duplicate Resource" Bug?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:39 PM

I have two PCs that should have an identical total count of books, but they do not match up.
PC #1 has 3 more books than PC #2, and I am trying to resolve this discrepancy.
In the first screen shot, I have what appears to be a duplicate book:

When I click on the first book, I get the following result that the resource cannot be opened:

I'm not certain, but I think the problem might have something to do with two different Logos 4 file names for the same reosurce, perhaps one is "LEXBIBLE.logos4", the other "LEB.logos4".
(1) Is that the problem, that the file name changed but the Logos 4 did not remove the old file and now I have a duplicate entry in my Library?
(2) If so, how do I clean up this discrepancy?
(3) Since I have a discrepancy of 3 books, if this is one of the causes of the three, how do I find the other two?
(4) How do I prevent this kind of problem from happening in the future, or is this a "bug" in Logos 4?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:57 PM

This is what i have (Scholars Library edition).

Edit: running 4.0aSr3

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:58 PM

Tim Lord:
I'm not certain, but I think the problem might have something to do with two different Logos 4 file names for the same reosurce, perhaps one is "LEXBIBLE.logos4", the other "LEB.logos4".
(1) Is that the problem, that the file name changed but the Logos 4 did not remove the old file and now I have a duplicate entry in my Library?
(2) If so, how do I clean up this discrepancy?
(3) Since I have a discrepancy of 3 books, if this is one of the causes of the three, how do I find the other two?
(4) How do I prevent this kind of problem from happening in the future, or is this a "bug" in Logos 4?

These appeared in beta. The "Lex" bible you want is the one with the  interlinear notes. Delete the other one.

There is nothing "else" you can do, it is not "your" fault. It is "not" a bug.

But YES it is unhelpful--when mine remained in the system -- if I clicked on them Logos crashed to the M$ error message.

If you can delete them out of your resource drawer -- I'm not sure that if you can put them in 'hidden Resource" to hide them, but you could try.

I'm sorry that I cannot remember what I did-they did not go away peacefully!

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:33 PM

Thank you, Steve.  As I thought, sounds like I can just delete the one that doesn't open the resource and keep the other one.  I was just puzzled why obsolete resources remain and are not removed automatically, since with Logos 4 there are supposed to be "no user serviceable parts".

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 12:22 AM

This is one of the redundant resource id's from the 4.0 beta. It is too late for Hiding as it is now expired. So delete "LEXBIBLE.logos4" from \Resources and keep "LEB.logos4".

This hasn't been handled cleanly by Logos as I have got a few hidden "expired" resources like this (which I hid before end-2009).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 12:33 AM

Dave Hooton:
This is one of the redundant resource id's from the 4.0 beta. It is too late for Hiding as it is now expired. So delete "LEXBIBLE.logos4" from \Resources and keep "LEB.logos4".

This is good to know! What other "redundant resources" are there from the 4.0 beta?

Charlene

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 2:17 AM

Charlene,

Not all may apply to you but see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9797.aspx

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:42 AM

This is yet another thread where it appears L4 either needs to do better in managing our resources, or we need the tools to do so.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS