Tyndale Olivetree $99, Pricematch?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 30
Jack Zhang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:48 PM

Is Logos going to price match Olivetree with their $99 dollar offer on Tyndale Commentaries

https://www.olivetree.com/store/home.php?cat=502?source=topbanner&sort=title_popular&set_page_size=90

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:16 PM

Although it would be nice, as a general rule Faithlife does not price-match.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 3:43 PM

TYNDALE COMMENTARY (49 VOLUMES)  as you see this is also Accordance's regular price. I do not expect Logos to match prices but it is always a shame when multiple other companies have far better pricing.

-Dan

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 9:31 AM

Jack, as already mentioned, price matching isn't a usual and customary practice at Logos/FaithLife.  The backoffice machinery of deal making in the publishing business means that OliveTree may strike a better deal than FaithLife for a particular resource, or bundle of resources for a limited time frame.  Alternately, some companies are willing (and able) to take a loss on a resource to attract buyers to their other products (known as a "loss leader").

All that to say this:  The Price Match question is a recurring theme in the forums, and I can't think of an instance when it has worked favorably for us.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 11642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 9:49 AM

May I remind everyone that while Faithlife/Logos doesn't forbid mentioning other bible software, they don't want active links to potential competitor sites. We are playing in Bob's house here. Thanks.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:55 AM

My posting was not to encourage anyone to go to Accordance, simply point out that the price in Logos is not being undercut by one publisher but that it is a standard price, hoping Faithlife would look into it.  Something similar happened years ago with Logos charging an outrageous price for McGee's through the Bible, within a few months of it being pointed out they were charging a similar price. The hope is that Faithlife can look into this and gain a better agreement with the publishers. And Accordance is not as much a bargain when you realize that you would need to purchase the program. I do apologize for posting the link, which was a violation  but for the above reason I did not think anyone would be encouraged to purchase it there and just wanted to point out the OT price is not unusual.

-Dan

Posts 76
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:19 AM

Smile Totally mean this in fun; not snarky! Own and use both Logos and Olive Tree. Don't think Morton's is going to price match Outback, but I can get my daily protein requirement with a steak from either.

Posts 544
LogosEmployee
Martin Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 9:45 AM

Remember that Tyndale Commentaries in the Logos "ecosystem" is an entirely different product available elsewhere. Faithlife's sophisticated tagging provides us a massive, interlinked library that is unparalleled. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 9:51 AM

John Crupper:
Don't think Morton's is going to price match Outback, but I can get my daily protein requirement with a steak from either.

If all you are after is your daily protein requirement a can of beans will do.  

OT = beans,  Logos = steak

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 26
mc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 10:59 AM

Super.Tramp:

John Crupper:
Don't think Morton's is going to price match Outback, but I can get my daily protein requirement with a steak from either.

If all you are after is your daily protein requirement a can of beans will do.  

OT = beans,  Logos = steak

This made me smile since my diet (food) has been high on beans.  Therefore, I agree that a can of beans can certainly suffice.  I can say that with my food diet, people can tell that I'm in good health, but they certainly wouldn't know whether I've been subsisting on beans or steak.  So for sole purpose of spiritual health, a can of beans can certainly do the same as steak.  There may be other benefits to having beans over steak Stick out tongue

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 19 2014 12:05 PM

Okay, the allegory is breaking down. As a vegetarian bean-eater I'm cool with that! Wink

The thing is Logos is tagged to an extent that few, if any, of its competitors are. Tagging is a pretty intense operation and costly. That means that inevitably the Logos version is going to cost more, but if, like me, linking resources is important, then it's money well spent.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS