Is it normal for Some Logos 4 Resources in the Library to Have No Covers?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:07 PM

I am wondering, is it "normal" that some Logos 4 resources showing in my Libary have "No Cover"?
The first screen shot of the resource with no cover picture (for item of rank #11) shows a description when I select it in my Library, maybe this is sometimes the case with some resources:

However, the second screen shot below for the resource "rank #2" (also with no cover) is missing a resource description on the right (compare to the other resource in the above screen shot):

My questions are:
(1) are all three resources obsolete (items ranked #11, #2, #4) because all Logos 4 resources should have covers, and these three do not, or, does it not matter because it is normal for some Logos 4 resources not to have covers?
(2) should all resources at least have descriptions, such that the second resource in the above screen shot that is missing a description is obsolete and should be replaced / updated, or does it not matter and sometimes resources do not have descriptions?

Thank you in advance for the advice!

Posts 27060
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 2:42 AM

(1) Don't judge a resource by its cover as it is normal for Logos to delay covers in favour of the content.

#11 is current as with the other Lexham Syntactic resources. But the Lexham Syntax Graphs(#2 & #4) are obsolete (these are the ones in your other posts!) and replaced by Cascadia Syntax Graphs.

(2) Current resources should have a description, so its absence doesn't mean it is obsolete!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 6:39 AM

It's been my observation that most of the syntax resource (perhaps all?) do not have any covers yet. I don't know why, perhaps because some of them aren't completed yet? Either way I hope that Logos designs some covers for the Clause visualizations because I have these in my shortcut bar and they are all the generic red book and I have to wait for the tool tip.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS