Highlight/Label all OT quotes in NT

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:28 AM

I've tried searching the forums for solutions and there were some pre-L6 workarounds for this, but I wanted to make sure that there isn't a new feature that might do the job.

I'm planning to preach through Matthew next year and I want a way to track all the OT quotes and (if possible) allusions. It feels as though there should be a really straightforward way of doing this in L6 but I can't find it.

If you know a way I'd love to hear it.

Posts 1801
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:58 AM

There is a Faithlife Group called "OT QUOTES in NT". Once you join that group you can open the DOCUMENTS Tab and download the Intertextuality Notes and Highlighing Palette. With these tools you can turn the visual filter on and off that reveals quotes and references to OT texts.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:20 AM

So there is! 

Hadn't spotted that. I've downloaded the files, but Logos seems to have a problem with the "Intertextuality" notes file as it hasn't downloaded and the sync icon is showing an "error during synchronization." 

I'll give it a while to see if it catches up. The others are working fine, I just don't have the nifty labels showing up next to the text!

Posts 979
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:38 AM

Nah. I'm getting this error message every time I try to get a copy of the document. 

Posts 21701
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:49 AM

Richard Wardman:
I'm planning to preach through Matthew next year and I want a way to track all the OT quotes and (if possible) allusions. It feels as though there should be a really straightforward way of doing this in L6 but I can't find it.

Try searching on "literary types"

To see what options are available have a look in "The Lexham Glossary of Literary Types"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS