Some dictionaries not appearing factbook tool. Why?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 44
Nicholas Knisely | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 22 2014 1:40 PM

I notice that when I do a search on a biblical person or topic, I never get a reference to either the Lexham bible dictionary, or more importantly for me, the New Interpreter's Bible Dictionary.

For instance, if I search for "Boaz" the person, I get hits in all sorts of my dictionaries. But not Lexham or NIBD. When I open them directly and search, I find material inside them.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this an error in the datasets? I've tried reindexing my whole library, but it hasn't made a difference.

Given the higher quality of the information in the NIBD or the Lexham dictionary, this is a pretty big issue for the way I want to use the tools.

Posts 31976
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 1:44 PM

Not all dictionaries have been tagged with the necessary tags. Logos is working through the materials doing the tagging but it comes slowly. If I remember correctly, the last time I know they were working on the Anchor Bible Dictionary.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 3:32 PM

Logos & their sheeps claimed their tagging is their best feature, but i say logos' tagging feature is very lukewarm. The Jewish Encyclopedia is also not properly tagged, disappointing. When they charge higher i expect better quality. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS