Lectionary Bug or Feature?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 175
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 22 2014 4:18 PM

I'm not sure what to make of this: When I have a layout open, and in use, if I switch to my home page and click on a lectionary entry (say, a reading for the fourth Sunday in Advent, it opens, but changes my layout completely. My layout loses almost everything open, and all I see is the lectionary, a few Bible versions, BHS, Expositor's Commentary, a devotional, and the "Cited by" listing on the right.

I'd like to be able to just open the lectionary.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posts 3375
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 4:27 PM

That is the way that it is supposed to work. What it is doing is opening the lectionary layout.

When you want to open just the lectionary itself, start typing the name of the specific lectionary you want, e.g., Revised Common Lectionary, Catholic Lectionary, etc., and select it from the dropdown menu to open it, just as you would some other book.

Posts 10311
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 4:32 PM

I've seen this myself and wanted to report it as a bug in the beta forum.

SineNomine:
That is the way that it is supposed to work. What it is doing is opening the lectionary layout.

I've never heard about this and it didn't do this "in the past" but opened the lectionary as another resource in the existing layout. This is super-annoying and totally unexpected.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 175
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 4:36 PM

Thanks all! I can live with it now that I know. I just found the Lectionary layout not-helpful, and the "cited by" way to slow.

Posts 3375
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 4:38 PM

NB.Mick:

SineNomine:

I've never heard about this and it didn't do this "in the past" but opened the lectionary as another resource in the existing layout. This is super-annoying and totally unexpected.

It's done it in Verbum at least since the Verbum+ packages came out, which is when I got my hands on Verbum. I find it a very handy feature, but I understand why you find it annoying.

Honestly, I don't see why someone would habitually open the lectionary from the homepage if they just wanted to add it to their present layout, given that if they wanted to add any other resource to their layout they'd either use a shortcut or do it from the Command line, neither of which is slower than going to the homepage for that purpose.

Posts 31
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Haas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 8:37 AM

Hey Scott,

You were correct in your original assumption--this is a bug. I have added in the logic to detect if any panel is open and decide what to do based off of that information. If you have any panels open, only the lectionary will open when you click on it (or your preferred Bible, if you click on the reading for the day). If you not have any panels open, however, the view that you are describing will open up.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS