resources number doesn't match website

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 23 2014 5:28 AM

i was just looking at the logos website to investigate logos 6 and it said that i have 3188 resources currently. however the program tells me that i have 2913...not that i feel like am missing something but i would like to have everything that i paid for.   i tried updating but it said there are no updates.

how can i find out what is missing?

Posts 10571
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 23 2014 5:48 AM

Howard Silverman:

i was just looking at the logos website to investigate logos 6 and it said that i have 3188 resources currently. however the program tells me that i have 2913...not that i feel like am missing something but i would like to have everything that i paid for.   i tried updating but it said there are no updates.

how can i find out what is missing?

Most probably you aren't missing anything. The website counts in effect licences, which includes resources that are not visible in the library: datasets (some visible under About), reverse interlinears, functionality, read-aloud etc.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 23 2014 6:35 AM

thank you!

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 25 2014 8:05 PM

Hi Howard and Merry Christmas:

Besides the above there is quite a fuzzy linkage between resource numbers and number of volumes in a "collection" or bundle: sometimes you get less resources because several related volumes are contained in a single resource (often where an original very extensive print resource was split into several volumes to make each more manageable in print form and there is little need to do this in electronic form) , and sometimes a collection can contain more resources than listed volumes (because alternative texts and appendices are sometimes published as separate electronic resources.)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS