Amazon Having Trouble Competing with Logos Prices (yes, joking)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 23 2014 2:46 PM

Wow.  $20 Christmas credit!!  Have to spend it while it's still hot off the digital press.

First I checked my wishlist.  Zippo.

Then I picked my favorite subject that I normally can't afford.  I selected maybe 10-12 books, whose prices weren't too far from the $20 credit.

I winnowed them down (outside; it's windy).  Some looked familiar, like I already read them.

Then I headed over to Amazon, to remove the ones I could get affordably anyway.

Gosh, was I disappointed.  Every single volume I checked was 2-3 times the price of the same Logos volume (I even compared pages, date, etc).  I know .... that's unbelievable.   But true.  Even the used market was multiples over Logos.

Shopping Logos is just getting tough.  I couldn't very well just buy 1, with prices like that!  Now I have to scan them all.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 23 2014 3:21 PM

I was happy to get the credit. I had been borderline on whether to get the Logos 6 Features Crossgrade now, or sometime next year. The $20 pushed me over into the "buy it now" category.

I long ago made peace with the price difference between Amazon and Logos. Some things I'm happy to pay more for because of the work that has to be done to tag everything to be as useful as possible within Logos. For other things, Amazon is a better choice. Just like there are times when a stop at Barnes and Noble is a better choice than Amazon for a book even if I'm paying more from time to time.

Thanks, Logos, for the $20. I appreciated it!

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 23 2014 3:27 PM

Just to quickly step out of my confusing thread, the Logos price was about 1/3 the Amazon price for several expensivo volumes.  I suspect (and don't know) that the Logos low prices are coming through moving bulk titles into Logos from the publishers.  

I'm glad you picked up the crossgrade.  I'm probably going to bite the bullet (non-armor piercing) maybe in January.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS