The Offical What Did I Get For Christmas Logos/Faithlife Related

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2908
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 10:04 AM

Well, my Logos 6 upgrade along with the ICC and Keller sermon library were my early Christmas present.  Thanks to my patient, understanding, and supportive wife!  (Christmas on Oct. 28, no less.). But I did order the Cornerstone Commentary volume that included Exodus by John Oswalt with the generous $20 Faithlife gift discount.  Thanks!  Anything by my old professor (I mean Old Testament professor, Doc) John Oswalt is a treasure.

(By the way, it is only by the grace of God that John Oswalt lived to publish any of his work.  I bet he doesn't even realize that my first week at Asbury in 1976 I nearly ran over him on his bicycle approaching the Wilmore Campground to hear him speak.  I am blind in my right eye, and didn't see him.  Barely stopped in time.  I was shocked when that nut on the bicycle turned out to be the speaker, Dr. John Oswalt.  Don't tell him that was me.)

Still waiting for my overdue $50 gift for my Logos 6 upgrade, which I am sure will come in past due time. Can't wait to buy another book!   But, hey, it is a gift, and a mighty generous one at that. 

Thanks Logos... I mean Faithlife.  (After saying Logos for 20 years, Faithlife does not come naturally to my tongue.)

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 10:45 AM

With my usual good planning I bought a Commentary on Genesis for just over $20 with my gift from Logos then a couple days later decided I really need to do the upgrade to the Gold base package. So I did that also and am enjoying lots of new books now. Still working on tagging and collections now though.

Posts 8493
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 1:32 PM

Late Christmas present from my dear friends at Verbum! Thank you so much! I got 2 books: one by Jack Cottrell on Headship and Submission and one by Blomberg "Interpreting the Parables." Thank you my dear friends at Verbum! Now I hope I get another $20 bucks coming from the Spanish department, which for some strange reason, they haven't had any sales other than the release of Logos 6 in Spanish.

Blessings!

DAL

Ps. I don't care how the Verbum gift got here, but it literally arrived in the mail...LOL...yes, my regular, physical mail box! Awesome! What a way to surprise your customers.  Very thoughtful!

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 2:08 PM

Early Christmas presents to myself (Nov 18); total with dynamic pricing: $311.96

Then later (Dec 11) I added, for a total of $263.35:

Then later (Dec 12) I picked up for $3.60:

Finally (Dec 14) I added for $34.32:

I think I'm done with my buying frenzy for another year. I'll just get the pre-pubs and CPs which I've ordered when they ship, but likely nothing else.

Posts 9673
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 3:21 PM

Rosie Perera:
I think I'm done with my buying frenzy for another year.

I'm guessing that you could purchase a house with all that you've invested in Logos over the years!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 6:42 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Rosie Perera:
I think I'm done with my buying frenzy for another year.

I'm guessing that you could purchase a house with all that you've invested in Logos over the years!

Yup, probably in some locales. Not around where I live.

Posts 45
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 6:28 AM

Rosie Perera:
I think I'm done with my buying frenzy for another year. I'll just get the pre-pubs and CPs which I've ordered when they ship, but likely nothing else.
But how did you use your $20 coupon?

Posts 1120
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 28th was my early Christmas L6 Reformed Platinum & Standard Platinum..

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 5625
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:23 PM

I spent my Christmas money and used my coupon upgrading to Verbum Scripture Study 6. It's downloading right now.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS