Crash using Sermon Guide Logos 6.0a SR-5 Mac

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Raphael Ludescher | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:04 PM

I had accidentally posted this in the Logos 5 forum and was asked to move it here. This problem hasn't been solved yet.

When I open the Sermon Starter Guide and type in "Watchfulness" it starts loading and after about a second or two the entire program crashes. Tried it with other terms like "Sin" and the program crashed as well. If I type in a Bible text like "John 3.16" it works without any problems. Hope you guys can get this sorted out.

1423.LogosLogs.rludescher.20141225-154614.zip

Posts 24698
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:11 PM

It is not reproducible in Windows and Raphael is using the English interface language.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:38 PM

I was unable to reproduce under 10.10.1 and Logos 6.0a SR-5. I ran all three guides and all loaded fine - here's a screen shot of the first two I compiled

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:39 PM

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:40 PM

Attached image

Posts 17
Raphael Ludescher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:46 PM

That is strange. I tired it again and it still won't work... Is there any other information I can provide that might be helpful to you?

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:51 PM

Unfortunately not to me Raphael - I'm at a loss on the technical, under the hood stuff of Logos. I was hoping to replicate the crashes so that if it is a bug, work could begin on fixing the issue. 

The only thing I did was run the SSG on a blank layout, have you tried this? Good luck!

Posts 17
Raphael Ludescher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:57 PM

I tried running SSG on a blank layout. Didn't work. I did notice though, that the guide had gathered almost all information except the Bible passages. It alway seems to crash while loading  the passages. May be coincidence though.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

The crash appears to be related to searching; you may be able to fix it by running "rebuild library index" (in the command box at the top of the program). This may take a few hours so you might wish to start it at the end of the day.

Posts 17
Raphael Ludescher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:32 PM

Thank you Bradley!

This solved my problem. Thank you all for your help. This post can be closed.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS