Missing Resources?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:05 PM

Today I ran Steve Clark's handy Logos Library Reporter and compared the current report to the last one I ran in November.  It showed 5 missing resources, three of which I hid. I don't know why the last two are missing, and they're not in Hidden Resources; should I be concerned or is their disappearance part of Logos' regular maintenance/updates?  

Greek resources are all, well, greek to me (Stick out tongueSmile) but I still want to keep on top of what's going on with my Library.

Posts 183
Bryan S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 1:26 PM

That is one Handy Dandy Tool, Thanks Steve, and Thanks Yasmin for letting us know about the tool

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it's been found difficult and not tried.

Posts 9617
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:10 PM

Are you sure they are not in your library? Try the same search as I did below with no space between open and text = opentext.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 33231
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:12 PM

In the command box enter "update now" to see if that will download the resources. If not enter "update resources" which takes longer. If it does not initiate the download contact customer service.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:39 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Are you sure they are not in your library? Try the same search as I did below with no space between open and text = opentext.

I ran your search; no results:

MJ. Smith:

In the command box enter "update now" to see if that will download the resources. If not enter "update resources" which takes longer. If it does not initiate the download contact customer service.

I ran both commands; nothing there either.

Thanks for the responses! I'll contact Customer Service in the New Year

Posts 3124
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:10 PM

Yasmin Stephen:
I don't know why the last two are missing

Happy Holidays Yasmin,

So sorry for your troubles. Try this: in Command Box type: lls:opentextgnt this will search for the resource in your software. If you don't see the Open command for the resource under the Resources heading it is not among your resources. If you are sure that you should have this resource as I believe you should, I would indeed contact Technical Support. (the command for the other resource is: lls:otextglossary

BTW

Tech support has only one tech available on weekends so they will give you a case number and get back with you later.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:14 PM

Whoa this is a cool tool. Wish I knew this existed a long time ago.. Thanks!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:37 PM

Beloved:

Yasmin Stephen:
I don't know why the last two are missing

Happy Holidays Yasmin,

So sorry for your troubles. Try this: in Command Box type: lls:opentextgnt this will search for the resource in your software. If you don't see the Open command for the resource under the Resources heading it is not among your resources. If you are sure that you should have this resource as I believe you should, I would indeed contact Technical Support. (the command for the other resource is: lls:otextglossary

BTW

Tech support has only one tech available on weekends so they will give you a case number and get back with you later.

Happy Holidays to you as well! Smile I followed your advice and still nothing. I'm wondering now if maybe I'm not supposed to have them; but then again, why would the report tell me they were missing if I didn't have them before? Weird Confused

This isn't important enough to contact Tech support about right now so I'll wait until after the holidays. Thanks for trying to help!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:46 PM

Hi Yasmin,

Yasmin Stephen:
I'm wondering now if maybe I'm not supposed to have them; but then again, why would the report tell me they were missing if I didn't have them before?

From what i see in the report, you had 398 books in Nov 2, so you did have these books. And in your more recent catalog which has 1278 books they were not found. This seems to indicate that you purchased a lot of books in between these two dates.

Not being able to see which 3 books that you had hidden, i do not know if one of those hidden books might cause the other 2 books not to be shown. There is a remote possibility if they were related to them that restoring the hidden books might make all 5 books visible again.

In any case hopefully when you contact customer service they will be able to answer your question.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3124
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 3:46 PM

What base package do you own? The most likely answer to this mystery is that you have inadvertently hidden the resources; check again, making sure you scroll down the field fully.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 4:09 PM

steve clark:

Hi Yasmin,

Yasmin Stephen:
I'm wondering now if maybe I'm not supposed to have them; but then again, why would the report tell me they were missing if I didn't have them before?

From what i see in the report, you had 398 books in Nov 2, so you did have these books. And in your more recent catalog which has 1278 books they were not found. This seems to indicate that you purchased a lot of books in between these two dates.

Not being able to see which 3 books that you had hidden, i do not know if one of those hidden books might cause the other 2 books not to be shown. There is a remote possibility if they were related to them that restoring the hidden books might make all 5 books visible again.

In any case hopefully when you contact customer service they will be able to answer your question.

I'm not doubting the accuracy of the report; I've run enough of them to know they're quite reliable Yes  The first three books have nothing to do with the missing books; I only blacked them out to bring focus to the two missing ones:

Beloved:

What base package do you own? The most likely answer to this mystery is that you have inadvertently hidden the resources; check again, making sure you scroll down the field fully.

I own an L6 Gold package (and Reformed Bronze). At the time of the Nov report I had a Starter package and the Feature Crossgrade.  When it came time to buy the Gold package, my sales rep convinced me it would be in my best interest to return the Feature Crossgrade and get the Gold outright (because everything that was in the Feature Crossgrade would be in the Gold package anyway). Thinking back now, I'm wondering if these two resources came with the Feature Crossgrade and they were taken back when it was 'returned' ? That would explain things.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 4:16 PM

Yasmin Stephen:
I'm not doubting the accuracy of the report; I've run enough of them to know they're quite reliable Yes  The first three books have nothing to do with the missing books; I only blacked them out to bring focus to the two missing ones:

Sorry, it was just a guess on my part. (although i am just a programmer and it is always possible there could be an error on my part Surprise, but catalog files shouldn't be able to lie.). Hope you eventually find out where those books are!

Edit:

In the spreadsheet that Randy keeps (see here), it shows that the resources you are missing do not come with L6 Gold.

Yasmin Stephen:
Thinking back now, I'm wondering if these two resources came with the Feature Crossgrade and they were taken back when it was 'returned' ? That would explain things.

You may be right, so checking with Logos will definitely answer your question.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3124
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 4:43 PM

Yasmin Stephen:
Thinking back now, I'm wondering if these two resources came with the Feature Crossgrade and they were taken back when it was 'returned' ?

You never lose resources that you own when you upgrade, you always gain additional resources in this transaction. My attention is focused on your action when you hid the resources. Check in Settings again, having done this your wait to speak with Tech Support will be useful as an owner of L6 Gold you most certainly will have the resources you report among your library of resources.

Posts 19270
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 5:30 PM

Beloved:

Yasmin Stephen:
Thinking back now, I'm wondering if these two resources came with the Feature Crossgrade and they were taken back when it was 'returned' ?

You never lose resources that you own when you upgrade, you always gain additional resources in this transaction.

He returned a product he had bought before (Feature Crossgrade), so it was a reasonable guess that he might have lost the license to those resources at the time he returned it.

However I don't see Feature Crossgrade (or any of the Crossgrades for that matter) listed among the packages that these two OpenSource.org resources are included in. You can see what they're included in by expanding the "This title is included as part of the following collections" section at the upper right of the product description pages:

https://www.logos.com/product/27513/the-opentextorg-syntactically-analyzed-greek-new-testament

Looks like they are not in L6 Starter or L6 Gold or Reformed Bronze (though they are in L6 Lutheran Gold, and Reformed Platinum).

I can't figure out why you would have had them before but not now, since they are not in the Feature Crossgrade. Did you have a L4 or L5 base package before buying the Feature Crossgrade? Did you by any chance get talked into returning that too? Several of the L4 and L5 packages included the OpenText resources, as you can see by looking at the spreadsheet here.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 6:55 PM

Rosie Perera:

However I don't see Feature Crossgrade (or any of the Crossgrades for that matter) listed among the packages that these two OpenSource.org resources are included in. You can see what they're included in by expanding the "This title is included as part of the following collections" section at the upper right of the product description pages:

https://www.logos.com/product/27513/the-opentextorg-syntactically-analyzed-greek-new-testament

Looks like they are not in L6 Starter or L6 Gold or Reformed Bronze (though they are in L6 Lutheran Gold, and Reformed Platinum).

I can't figure out why you would have had them before but not now, since they are not in the Feature Crossgrade. Did you have a L4 or L5 base package before buying the Feature Crossgrade? Did you by any chance get talked into returning that too? Several of the L4 and L5 packages included the OpenText resources, as you can see by looking at the spreadsheet here.

I only had the L5 Starter package (for about a week), and that resource is not included in there, according to the spreadsheet. And no, I didn't return that package; I first did the direct upgrade to an L6 Starter, then I got the Core Crossgrade, after that the Feature Crossgrade.  After all of that, I decided I wanted a Gold package.  The only thing that was returned was the Feature Crossgrade.  From all I can see, it doesn't look like I was ever entitled to this resource; I'm now simply curious as to why it's showing as if I owned it before.

(BTW, I'm a 'she' Big Smile)

Posts 19270
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 7:28 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

So sorry! I knew only of Yasmine with an 'e' as a female name, but I saw Stephen and thought you came from a country that puts surnames first and that Stephen was your given name. My apologies.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:12 PM

Rosie Perera:

Yasmin Stephen:

So sorry! I knew only of Yasmine with an 'e' as a female name, but I saw Stephen and thought you came from a country that puts surnames first and that Stephen was your given name. My apologies.

No problem! I once knew a boy from primary school named Yasmin. Both my names are generally misspelled; some people insist on adding the 'e' to my first name or an 's' to my surname, and some people, scarily enough, do both at the same time. Or, worse, they address me as Jasmin/Jasmine Crying

Posts 791
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:36 PM

Bryan S.:

That is one Handy Dandy Tool, Thanks Steve, and Thanks Yasmin for letting us know about the tool

Ditto God Bless Steve and Yasmin always forever!

James

Posts 3124
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:43 PM

Yasmin,

There is one last piece of advice I can offer. Run a report on Hidden resources this will reveal which resources are hidden. If this does not account for the missing resources then you are right to conclude that the transaction involving your return of the Crossgrade accounts for these missing resources. 

If this be the case, if it were me I would first discuss this with the rep that suggested you return the Crossgrade. Once you have settled this issue, if you are unable to account for the missing resources then I would at that point contact Tech Support.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 10:46 AM

Beloved:

Yasmin,

There is one last piece of advice I can offer. Run a report on Hidden resources this will reveal which resources are hidden. If this does not account for the missing resources then you are right to conclude that the transaction involving your return of the Crossgrade accounts for these missing resources. 

If this be the case, if it were me I would first discuss this with the rep that suggested you return the Crossgrade. Once you have settled this issue, if you are unable to account for the missing resources then I would at that point contact Tech Support.

I've already checked my Hidden Resources and they're not there.  I'll send an email to my rep next week and see what she says. 

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS