Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:10 PM

i am trying to use Atlas and biblical places maps.  with atlas, it seems that for the old testament all that atlas shows are very general maps and does not include any specific individuals. most of the maps lookalike because they are very general.

in the biblical places maps - this is much better in that at least there are specific routes of individuals besides jesus.  but i cannot seem to make the maps bigger. when i use the sliding  tool to enlarge the maps, they  do not seem get enlarge.   

unless i an get some advice it seems that the maps and atlas are mostly unusable.

thanks

howard silverman

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 8:42 PM

Howard Silverman:
unless i an get some advice it seems that the maps and atlas are mostly unusable.

The Atlas is a work-in-progress and the old (Logos 4) Biblical Places Maps are not going to be improved! CTRL+Plus and CTRL+Minus do perform some enlargement in a floating window, though.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 10:19 PM

thank you!

Posts 10767
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 8:52 AM

I'm not arguing, Dave.  'Work in progress'?

Having watched Logos programming now for maybe 5 years,  their approach seems to be 'code and go'.  Even the vaunted search engine is embarrassing in the results delivery.  The 'Basic' has a single sort; choice of 3, but major attributed resources and words as well.  I say 'embarrassing' since if I had the Logos library attributes, plus word attributes, I'd be a 'coder in a candy store' in search delivery.  Whoa!

Maps seem similar.  The only reason I'm commenting is I just got L6.  I tried out the vaunted Atlas.  Good lord (lower-case).  I'm sorry, but that qualifies also as unbelievably embarrassing.  I drilled down to max.  I can get lower just using a downloaded map app on my iPad.  And almost no 3D detail.  It's heavily interpolated.  Plus,  it's sad, given the great expansion of detailed mapping info coming out of the Israel government, various archaeological detail, etc. that are free for the using, and easy to integrate (even easyt for me, as hard as that is to believe).

OK. My mouth shut.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS