Journals don't show up in Guides

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:28 AM

Just got Logos 6 yesterday and I love it.

But I cannot get any Journals showing up in the Bible Guide or My Guide.

For example, Tyndale Bulletin 45 has a major article on Malachi 1:11 which shows up when I search Everything, but I can't add Journals to a Passage Guide, and even when I add Journals to My Guide, under Journals it says No results.

Is there a way to include Journals in a Passage or My Guide?

Roger

Posts 24
Roger Pitot | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 3:42 AM

Don't worry, I found out how to do this by adding a Journals Collection.

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:25 AM

Roger Pitot:
Don't worry, I found out how to do this by adding a Journals Collection.

That will work fine

The "Journals" section in the Guides will provide more focused results (where the subject of the article is the passage as opposed to the passage being mentioned in the article) but it requires the journals to be retagged with the new (to Logos 6) journal-related labels which is going to take some time.

Posts 10039
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:43 AM

Graham ... thank you for the answer.  But can you expand on that last sentence?  Am I supposed to retag with some new journal-relate labels? Or is Logos going to ship some tagged journals? Or?

That is one feature I'm looking forward to, especially if they ever ship the new journal packages.  Like the OP, there weren't any journals in my PG, so unlike him, I just ignored it, presuming I didn't have any journals.  Just now, I realized I have hundreds (that I normally read on my iOS).

Posts 21725
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:45 AM

Hi Denise

Denise:
 Am I supposed to retag with some new journal-relate labels? Or is Logos going to ship some tagged journals?

Logos is retagging journals and will ship updates - they have already shipped some updates since Logos 6 first shipped and are continuing to work on this.

See comment from Eli at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/95333/664630.aspx#664630 for some more context

Graham

Posts 10039
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 30 2014 7:48 AM

Thank you!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS