Reading the LEB in 2015

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9625
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:13 PM

Over the past number of years I have tried to choose a different version to read through the Bible. As 2015 begins I've decided to read the Lexham English Bible (LEB). I've enjoyed using the LEB from time to time but have never systematically read it through. Has anyone else read it completely through? What did you appreciate the most?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2157
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:10 PM

I have used the LEB since Logos first introduced it.

Before this I mainly used the NASB95, so that should tell you about the style of translation I prefer.

I really like textual notes.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 31 2014 3:39 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Over the past number of years I have tried to choose a different version to read through the Bible. As 2015 begins I've decided to read the Lexham English Bible (LEB).

I was set to use the ESV all over again but I think I'll try the LEB for a change. Thanks for the idea! Smile

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 1 2015 1:40 AM

My idea is to read The Message

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 670
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 1:58 AM

Think I'll join you Bruce - now I can read it on Kindle! Wonder if Logos have ever considered bringing it out in print?

Posts 1109
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 4:12 AM

Bruce I also use like the LEB and I use it during my sermon prep. It is also one of my three main Bibles "NKJV, LEB, and HCSB" 

I have not read the LEB cover to cover, maybe you could make a joint reading plan.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 9625
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:20 AM

Stephen Steele:
Wonder if Logos have ever considered bringing it out in print?

This has been discussed often. This fall Bob even weighed in on the discussion - https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93657.aspx

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9625
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 5:22 AM

Lee:
I have not read the LEB cover to cover, maybe you could make a joint reading plan.

I've already begun my reading for 2015 and would be willing to share although my situation may be different. I am reading it chronologically for the OT and as a harmony for the NT, connected to reading it through in Greek at the same time.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS