Personal Books Suggestion: Author Box - Auto-populate While Typing

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 1 2015 7:42 AM

I have a small suggestion that I don't think would require Herculean programming.

When entering the parameters for compiling a Personal Book, have the Author box auto-populate a drop-down list from authors already in the library. This would help greatly in easily maintaining consistent naming of authors, e.g., James White vs Jame R. White, Moisés Silva vs Moises Silva.

It seems like a natural feature, but I couldn't find where this had been suggested before, so forgive the duplication if it has.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:44 PM

BUMP, to the tune of Lament Of A Lonely Suggestion Post.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:47 PM

Yes, I've had this thought before too, but never took the time to write it down.

Yes

Posts 499
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:36 PM

Robert M. Warren:

I have a small suggestion that I don't think would require Herculean programming.

When entering the parameters for compiling a Personal Book, have the Author box auto-populate a drop-down list from authors already in the library. This would help greatly in easily maintaining consistent naming of authors, e.g., James White vs Jame R. White, Moisés Silva vs Moises Silva.

It seems like a natural feature, but I couldn't find where this had been suggested before, so forgive the duplication if it has.

Yes

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 7 2015 3:38 PM

Another BUMP

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 15 2017 4:29 PM

BUMPing with the oldies.

Posts 1
Tony Dawson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 24 2017 7:40 AM

Robert

I can't find you on the system to send you a message directly.

I'd really like to try your Word macro to convert those Calibre-converted Kindle end/footnotes. Unfortunately your Dropbox links in http://jnthreethree.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/logos-bible-software-on-converting.html are all dead.

Could you send me a new link please?

I may be able to share some of my own code with you.

Yours in Christ

Tony

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 24 2017 4:33 PM

Hi Tony:

I had apparently fat-fingered the Dropbox link into the outer darkness. I fixed it here on the forums, but forgot about the blog. Here they are again. 'They' because I had to revise it for Word 2016. Here's the old and the new:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vni9nx441v49xfp/Footnote%20Converter%20V3.docm?dl=0 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/heog8j4c7w7zwrg/Footnote%20Converter%20V4.docm?dl=0 

Remember to make safe copies, because the good thing about Rind & Replace is that it always does what it's told, and the bad thing about Find & Replace is that it always does what it's told. You can find my email address on my Faithlife profile page.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS