passage guide commentary popup preview

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:28 AM

Why don't the commentaries pop-up a preview to the actual location in the passage guide when hovering over the links? It seems that nearly all other resource types (unless I've missed some) pop-up the actual location that is relevant, other than commentaries, which only pop up the book info. IMHO this would be a necessary improvement since the technology is obviously there already and it works in the Ancient Literature section beautifully.

Grace and Peace to you all, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord.

James

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 25223
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 8:43 AM

Hi James

This has been discussed on a number of occasions - please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/26016.aspx for an example. You will see there are different views on the topic.

I can't remember if Faithlife have commented on this in the past

Graham

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:32 AM

I appreciate you directing me to that post.  I did initially attempt to find a similar thread on the forum prior to inquiring but somehow overlooked this one (I think because I only checked in the logos 6 section).  I do agree that it is useful to see the book info at times as Mark Barnes mentioned however I think it could be beneficial to access the article pop up as well for a quick peak without having to open the article. I didn't realize that Explorer did have some of this capability although it would certainly not be as powerful as having it in the passage guide (since all of my commentaries are organized there, thanks to the collections/tags offered by Mark Barnes). I also pointed out that the ancient literature section provides this technology and definitely gives the user a lot of control in quickly scanning to see which resources are worth fully opening up on a particular verse. 

Either way, I really appreciate your response, I've learned so much from you all on the forums.

The Lord bless you and keep you all. 

James

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 10:43 AM

James, as Graham mentions, this has been discussed quite a bit.  Just a month ago, I wrote a tip (tip of the tongue in cheek) suggesting one pairs the passage guide (where the mouseover is useless) to the Explorer panel (where the mouseover is useful).  Personally, I don't understand the logic, but Mark likes book covers, so book covers it is.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 3 2015 11:24 AM

Ok, I've discovered another work around. By just using the same collections that I've organized my commentaries with, and adding the "collections" to my passage guide for each of the sections, then the stock logos occupied section of the passage guide (type:commentary) will display the resource info, and the sections I've added under "collections" will display the actual view of the article when hovering.  

#bestofbothworlds :-)

Blessings!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS