The Bible and Homosexual Practice: Texts and Hermeneutics by Robert A. J. Gagnon

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 7 2015 7:30 AM

I would like to have this in Logos, please Smile

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:50 AM

YesYesYes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 62
Rev. Wayne Paul Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 7 2015 1:31 PM

Yes, please.

Posts 528
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:40 AM

Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 124
Dennis Hilario | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:34 AM

YesYes

Posts 1886
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:31 PM

Yes Yes

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:57 PM

Yes

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:15 AM

Yes

Posts 3166
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:37 AM

Yes

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 7:42 AM

Yes

Posts 10040
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 8:36 AM

I notice the interesting tipie-toeing on the thread, so I'll do the honors:

http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Homosexual-Practice-Texts-Hermeneutics-ebook/dp/B0071OSK6O/ 

If you look at the kindle version (vs the hardback/paperback), it includes the various comments from reviewers ... some interesting names ... Max Stackhouse, Jerome Murphy-O'Conner, James Barr.  I'd assume no matter ones views on the subject, the book would be a good addition to the Logos library, and indeed anyone that periodically deals with the subject.

And the author is certainly comfortable with the NT being a take-it-or-leave-it sort of world: 'I sometimes find Paul's exegesis of the Old Testament to be less than compelling. Paul is still 'my apostle,' but he does not (and did not in the first century) have to be inerrant in every matter.'  

So, the author is definitely compatable with a literalist view (me).

Recommended.

Posts 194
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 6:11 PM

Yes

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 7
Leigh Vander Woude | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 1:05 PM

Thank you for the book suggestion! I'll be sure to add this title to our list of book candidates.

In the future, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd email "suggest@faithlife.com" with your book suggestions, which will guarantee we see them right away and that they're added to our list.

Thanks again!

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 10:00 PM

Thank you Leigh for adding this to your list.  What happens now? Will it appear in community pricing?

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 12:38 AM

With the release of "Homosexuality" by De Young yesterday, I was again reminded that Logos is still lacking the other top book on the topic, admirably defending the traditional and biblical view. I am tempted to get the kindle version from Amazon but would prefer to get it in Logos because it is a book that greatly benefits from tagging and links to the vast number of primary and secondary sources.

Come on Logos make it happen already!

Posts 26148
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 12:50 AM

Michael Fordham:

What happens now? Will it appear in community pricing?

As a rule of thumb, items that are out of copyright go into community pricing while items under copyright go into pre-pub. Actually some of the best materials on this subject are statements out of the major Lutheran central organization.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 2:49 AM

MJ. Smith:

As a rule of thumb, items that are out of copyright go into community pricing while items under copyright go into pre-pub. Actually some of the best materials on this subject are statements out of the major Lutheran central organization.

I believe that this is the most comprehensive and biblical based book on subject available today.  I don't know how long it takes for Logos to get publishing permissions, but do I hope to see this made available very soon!

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 8:27 AM

Important and overdue!

Posts 10040
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 8:33 AM

I'll do the honors again, for the 'other' top book on how to read the Bible (I assume it's hard to figure out, so many need these books):

https://www.logos.com/product/47062/homosexuality-contemporary-claims-examined-in-light-of-the-bible-and-other-ancient-literature-and-law 

Posts 118
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2015 8:55 AM

David C. Rowe:

Important and overdue!

Yes

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS