Mark up suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 239
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2010 5:55 AM

The ability to add numbered or lettered superscript circles (indicated below by parentheses) within verses or passages indicating multiple thoughts or points in the text. For instance:

Ephesians 3:14–4:1 (ESV)

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to (a) be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that (b) Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, (c) being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have (d) strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and (e) to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you (f) may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:11 AM

Reid,

I can see the logic in that.

Just to let you know; there are texts within logos that do (something like this) already?

The Lexham High Def NT, the Lexham discourse NT, there are more than a few that give you this kind of overview of the text.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:13 AM

Reid,

by the way...I'll bet you're anxiously waiting for the sentence diagrammer to be finished in L4 right?

While you wait; there is a very nice program that is now free...it's called "Koineworks" and it's a sentence diagramming tutor....it's very very good....

Just google "download koineworks" and you'll get it...it's from Lexel software

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 239
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:11 AM

Thanks Bob - an both counts. I do have the Lexham and do like the features (though as you say - waiting for the diagrammer) but I'm thinking more of something I can add right to the text (say in the ESV or whatever)  and THEN, be able to print it out for the sake of preaching directly from it - or even just organizing my thoughts in the regular text. But of course, you are right on your pointing my back to the Lexham. Now, I need to check out Koineworks". 

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:59 AM

In 4.0b you'll be able to create custom highlight styles, and you can have a highlight style insert text. So you could make an "A", "B", "C" highlight, etc.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:01 AM

Thats excellent news Bob, thank you

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 239
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:51 AM

whoo-hoo! Thanks! I will make much use of it. Will such markups be printable with the text if we like?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:20 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

whoo-hoo! Thanks! I will make much use of it. Will such markups be printable with the text if we like?

Probably, the current highlight options that add text (<< [ ] etc.) currently copy over from Logos.

Posts 239
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:28 AM

There are times when the word "DUH" just doesn't cover it. If only I had looked harder. Thanks - with a blush.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:52 AM

Bob Pritchett:
In 4.0b

So we await this in beta testing! I am glad to see this as well.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 80
Bruce Lundquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 4:47 PM

Wait a minute. I have 4.0b.  Logos Bible Sofware 4.0b Beta 3 (4.02.3.5178). 
I've checked and custom highlights aren't there.  Also, will I be able to get my custom pallets from Libronix 3?

Apple MacBook Pro 16G macOS Mojave version 10.14.4 Beta
Logos Bible Software 8.3 - 8.3.0.0034
http://fcov.org (Faith Church of the Valley)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:56 PM

Bruce Lundquist:

Wait a minute. I have 4.0b.  Logos Bible Sofware 4.0b Beta 3 (4.02.3.5178). 
I've checked and custom highlights aren't there.  Also, will I be able to get my custom pallets from Libronix 3?

Custom highlights will port over from Libronix. However, we don't have the ability to create custom styles yet, but we will sometime in the future (that is, it's not in the Beta yet).

EDIT: If your custom highlights haven't ported, you need to file a bug report (i.e. start a new thread) so that the developers can look into why they haven't come over.

Posts 80
Bruce Lundquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:02 PM

My custom Highlights ported over into my verses.  However, they were not added to my pallets.  I can't use them again yet.

Let me know if there is something I need to do.  I've done Import All, but is there something else to have my custom pallets?

Thanks

Apple MacBook Pro 16G macOS Mojave version 10.14.4 Beta
Logos Bible Software 8.3 - 8.3.0.0034
http://fcov.org (Faith Church of the Valley)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:06 AM

Bruce Lundquist:
is there something else to have my custom pallets?

We cannot create custom pallets yet for Logos 4. They have been promised to us. So we are left waiting until that happens.

Posts 13
Lois Van | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:19 AM

Thankyou, thankyou!!!!  Will we ba able to print portions of scripture and notes as highlighted? PLEASE??

Lois

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 6:34 PM

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS