This post has 173 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 22
John D. Berry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:24 AM

When is the ESV Study Bible going to be available?Big Smile

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 4:20 PM

John D. Berry:

John, because it is in the pre-Pub program we do NOT know.

Anyone who tells you differently is just guessing.

This is a weakness of the Pre-pub program. I know folks respond that we should just have our money ready, but that is really NOT the point.

There presently isn't even a system to 'guess" although some try based on "UInder development" vs "Under Contract" as opposed to...?

Sorry.

Regards

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:14 PM

John D. Berry:
One of the reasons for delays is that publishers will require Logos to hold off on a project's release date.  In such cases, Logos is at the mercy of the original publisher even when they are ready to roll out a book.  So while it can be frustrating to wait, it is the assumption of people who do not have all the facts to assume it is a flaw in the program. 

PS

The point is, it is the nature of the publishing world and cannot be avoided.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:16 AM

I'm good with that.  This is something REALLY worth waiting for.  We have the print edition and even using the online version that the publisher provides has amazing reproducible resources for group study.  LOGOS will make it even easier.  Thanks LOGOS folks!

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:29 AM

donald.skinner@sasktel.net:

I'm good with that.  This is something REALLY worth waiting for.  We have the print edition and even using the online version that the publisher provides has amazing reproducible resources for group study.  LOGOS will make it even easier.  Thanks LOGOS folks!

i am looking forward to the images being made available in the various logos media searches.  :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:44 AM

I can't wait!  I hope it's real soon.  Spoke to a Rep about it yesterday and no one has any idea when.

Posts 299
Robert Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:55 AM

I know one small competitor has had theirs released for some time. That said I don't believe they have the images which is a huge disadvantage. The images are exceptional and something that should be required. I too am eagerly anticipating the notes for Logos.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:28 PM

Hi Folks,

Just having trouble with my display name!

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:31 PM

And again!

Posts 18766
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:54 PM

Donald S:

Just having trouble with my display name!

Here's how to change your forum display name so the change sticks: http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:16 PM

All done!  Thanks.  Sorry for the off-topic folks Smile

Posts 18766
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 2:48 PM

Donald S:

All done!  Thanks.  Sorry for the off-topic folks Smile

No worries. I've edited my quote of your post too, so there are no remnants of your email address on the forum. I'm still hoping Logos will wake up and stop having email address be the default display name for new people signing up for accounts when they first log on to the forum. It's an open invitation to spammers.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:20 PM

Hmm.  And how would I edit my own posts?

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:22 PM

Donald S:

top right of your post, the "more" button.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:23 PM

Thx.

Posts 18766
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:23 PM

Donald S:

You only have a short window of opportunity to edit your posts (I think it's 18 hours). Click on the More button to the right of your post and choose Edit. There's also a Delete command on there, but that is only available for a very short while after you post (maybe an hour?). However if you really regret posting something and it's too late to delete it, you can always edit to say "[deleted by author]" or something like that.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 3:25 PM

BTW Dan; just for anti-spam's sake, would you mind editing your earlier reply so my e-mail disappears.  Thanks.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:17 AM

Donald S:

BTW Dan; just for anti-spam's sake, would you mind editing your earlier reply so my e-mail disappears.  Thanks.

On further thought, don't worry about it.  I realize that the system limits editing opportunities, and I have an awesome ISP that catches just about every piece of spam that comes my way. Cool  And besides, my e-mail address is so old that I suspect just about every bot in the world must have it by now! Big Smile

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 9:02 PM

Robert Mullen:
I know one small competitor has had theirs released for some time. That said I don't believe they have the images which is a huge disadvantage.

I can confirm that one small competitor does have the ESV Study Bible -- with the great illustrations, so I assume they will also be available in the Logos implementation.

Posts 60
Donald S | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:03 AM

Does anyone have a very rough idea of generally how long it takes for pre-pub items "under contract" to become available?  And when did the ESV Study notes first go pre-pub?

Page 1 of 9 (174 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS