Search with collections is not working

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 60
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:25 AM

Today I was trying to lookup some pretty basic words and specified a collection that contains a number of commentaries and a few sermon archives.  It only found the terms in the latest book I added.  Even though I know that the term is used in all of them. . .to prove it I started serching for "god" "jesus" "love".  It only found those words in the latest book added.  Similarly, "cited by" only returns references from the last book.  For example, I open a John Piper sermon that on Luke 2.  I look at cited by and I have a collection for piper and the latest book and only the references in the latest book show up. . .

Sounds like some indexes are corrupted or something?  Any ideas?

I am running the latest general release of 6.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 12:44 PM

Are you indexing while running the search?

Posts 60
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 12:57 PM

No. 

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:43 PM

In your basic search do you have "all text" selected or perhaps you ran a search for "large text" last time and that is what is running?

Posts 60
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:31 PM

It is actually worse than thought. . search isn't working at all except for a few books.

Here is an example that I just ran:

type "god" in search field "all text" in "Sermons from John Piper" where Sermons from John Piper is an actual book that I own. . 0 results, which I know is wrong.  If I just change the target book to pretty much anything else is returns 0.  If I change it to the John Macarthur Sermon Archive - it works and returns thousands, which is correct.

Any ideas?  Delete and reinstall?  Can I force a re-index?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:37 PM

Adam Crafton:
Can I force a re-index?

Typing rebuild index into the command bar will create a new index from scratch.

There are a variety of reindexing commands:

1. Rebuild Index deletes and rebuilds all your resource indexes.
  2. Rebuild Library Index deletes and rebuilds only the library index.
  3. Rebuild Bible Index deletes and rebuilds only the Bible index.
  4. Rebuild Personal Book Index deletes and rebuilds only the Personal Book index.
  5. Reindex {Abbreviated Title | Resource Id} re-indexes a single resource e.g. reindex ESV; reindex LLS:1.0.710

(a full list of Logos commands can be found here: https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6_Commands )

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 60
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 5:42 AM

I did the "rebuild index" and once it was done running, all my search issues were gone.  Problem solved.  Thanks.

Posts 1210
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 8:35 AM

Adam Crafton:

I did the "rebuild index" and once it was done running, all my search issues were gone.  Problem solved.  Thanks.

This morning I mysteriously find that I can't search any resources.......I can run this command but how long will it take? Why did this happen?

Posts 60
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 9 2015 8:42 AM

Depends on your library and system.  I have a medium sized library and a very fast computer with all SSDs.  it took a few hours (2-3).

Not sure why but it is very annoying.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS