Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2015 5:36 PM

Barry Kowald:
I recommend considering Taxee's suggestion.

Barry,

Check out the response I received above.  Go to Logos Word Lists for Flashcard or http://documents.logos.com  page.  Someone has put together a word list for the Greek alphabet which works well.

Posts 182
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 9:43 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is of particular interest. I know the greek alphabet very well, however, Hebrew has never received any attention from me. I'm trying to learn the Hebrew alphabet. I took great pains to create a vocabulary list of the Hebrew consonants that syncs to the Flashcard app. It works. If anyone is interested in this list, I would be more than happy to share a copy with you.

💻 MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB | 1TB SSD💻
💾 MacOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁 Logos 9 Reformed Silver🎁
⌨Logos 9 Full Feature Upgrade⌨

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 1:34 PM

Andrew Zoll:
I'm trying to learn the Hebrew alphabet. I took great pains to create a vocabulary list of the Hebrew consonants that syncs to the Flashcard app. It works. If anyone is interested in this list, I would be more than happy to share a copy with you.

Andrew, could you post the file on the Faithlife Word Lists for Flashcards?  That would allow the resource to be used by everyone without them having to contact you.

Posts 182
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 2:19 PM
Taxee:

Andrew Zoll:
I'm trying to learn the Hebrew alphabet. I took great pains to create a vocabulary list of the Hebrew consonants that syncs to the Flashcard app. It works. If anyone is interested in this list, I would be more than happy to share a copy with you.

Andrew, could you post the file on the Faithlife Word Lists for Flashcards?  That would allow the resource to be used by everyone without them having to contact you.

I'm happy to do so, and it is done. Grace and peace!

💻 MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB | 1TB SSD💻
💾 MacOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁 Logos 9 Reformed Silver🎁
⌨Logos 9 Full Feature Upgrade⌨

Posts 2
Nick Horton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 6:25 AM

Hi Bob,

Allowing an alphabet word list to be used on the flashcard app easily is not a matter of mobile development but of removing an artificial roadblock and allowing us, the consumer who paid good money for the app, to use it as we like within the bounds of how it was designed.

Regards,
Nick Horton

Posts 11496
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:04 AM

Nick Horton:

Allowing an alphabet word list to be used on the flashcard app easily is not a matter of mobile development but of removing an artificial roadblock and allowing us, the consumer who paid good money for the app, to use it as we like within the bounds of how it was designed.

Huh? I don't get where you're coming from, reviving this thread.

• Bob wrote about the html-based interactive resources (like Greek alphabet tutor mentioned in the OP), not about development of the Flashcard app
  • The app is free, no one "paid good money" for it
  • The app was designed to work with Word Lists from the Logos 6 desktop application and it does, to the best of my knowledge exactly as specified (there's no artificial roadblock whatsoever) - so everybody is free to create their own Greek alphabet Word List or to use one shared from a Faithlife group - such as the one I hastily put together back then I don't see any issue with that

Did you try to use it and got stuck somewhere? Anything we can help you with? 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS