Some Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:37 PM

I am attempting to load Logos 6 onto my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. I have Samsung EVO Class 10 64GB card that is formatted to NTFS. I have gone to my account on the web and downloaded the setup to my SD Card. And I am running the setup and the box comes up that says "downloading the Logos Installer Script" and it is just sitting there. The progress bar has not moved at all. So my question is, "how long does this take"? If it takes this long to install the installer how long is it going to take to load and index the books? Some help, please.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:43 PM

I reinstalled my software today and the library is downloading right now. It's been downloading since 11:45 earlier today. Time right now is 7:42 pm and its at 86%. I am not sure how big your library is but it takes time. I expect my index to take 30 hours.

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:50 PM

Matt Hamrick:

I reinstalled my software today and the library is downloading right now. It's been downloading since 11:45 earlier today. Time right now is 7:42 pm and its at 86%. I am not sure how big your library is but it takes time. I expect my index to take 30 hours.

How long did the original installer stay up there? After I hit the save as and put it to my SD card and then click run, the installer screen sat there for two hours and the progress bar did not move. Is this normal and should I just leave it alone, or is something wrong?

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 139
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:55 PM

SD cards are extremely slow memory, nothing like a SSD of course.  It will be interesting to hear how it performs.

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 9:41 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
The progress bar has not moved at all. So my question is, "how long does this take"?

This isn't an issue with SD cards or tablets, because the Setup program will download installation files to the main C: drive and then install Logos to the SD card (remember to do a Custom install to choose the destination).

Restart the computer and try again. If necessary get in touch with Faithlife on Monday

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS