Ctrl+clicking on hyperlinks - awesome!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2010 5:02 PM

Perhaps others already know about this, but I just discovered (accidentally) that holding down Ctrl while clicking on a hyperlink (say to some Bible verse) opens the linked resource in a new tab.  This is the same behavior as most browsers exhibit.  What makes it so awesome is that I mostly work with a series of Bibles linked to "link-set A", and clicking on a hyperlink makes me "lose my place" - now, if I quickly want to read a verse in context but not "lose my place" I can Ctrl+click.

The more I work with L4 the more I love it. :-)

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:03 PM

I've wished I could do just the opposite (maybe I've just not found the way though):

When I'm in an unlinked resource, I'd like to simply tell a given link set (like A, B, etc) to sync to that reference (since I send hyperlinks to an unlinked reference).

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:09 PM

StuartRobertson:
holding down Ctrl while clicking on a hyperlink (say to some Bible verse) opens the linked resource in a new tab.

Thanks for sharing this--I like it also. I wish it didn't open in a tab within the same window, but this does help you keep your place.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:35 PM

Alternatively you can open another copy of your Bible/resource and select the option "Send hyperlinks here", then that Bible or resource will be the one that receives all hyperlinks. If you like, set that resource to 'B' for example, and any other resources that you would like to 'B'. Then you can get resources following your hyperlinks.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:29 AM

Gary O'Neal:
Thanks for sharing this--I like it also. I wish it didn't open in a tab within the same window, but this does help you keep your place.

It would be nice if the new tab could be forced (configured?) to open in the foreground instead of in the background, kind of like the way Firefox is configurable.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:30 AM

I've just found a better way of doing this. Drag and drop a hyperlink wherever you want to open it. A new tab will open on top of other tabs.

You can even drop it within the same pane that contains the hyperlink: a new tab opens on top.

This makes life so much easier.

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:52 AM

David Gullick:
Alternatively you can open another copy of your Bible/resource and select the option "Send hyperlinks here", then that Bible or resource will be the one that receives all hyperlinks. If you like, set that resource to 'B' for example, and any other resources that you would like to 'B'. Then you can get resources following your hyperlinks.

David's post above is the key to speed up L4 and to keep from loosing your place when doing research.  Have a 2nd copy of the bible you are using open, make sure the link set is set to none, and  select "send hyperlinks here."    If you want a few resources to follow this bible, set the link set to B or C, and those few resources to that link set also.

If you are having trouble finding these features, they are found in the upper left corner or each resource, it's a drop down panel.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS