Question have option to choose graphics card when running logos 6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 297
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 12 2015 9:48 AM

Hi everybody

Don't know if this is the right place to post this Question

if I right click on the Logos Bible software icon 6 on the desktop windows 8.1 in the menu I have an option to run with graphic processor high performance NVIDIA processor or integrated graphics (default)

Will logos benefit by using the higher performance graphics card,?

Recently stumbled upon the setting on my laptop

mick

Mick
Posts 277
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 11:00 AM

Michael Parry -Thomas:

Hi everybody

Don't know if this is the right place to post this Question

if I right click on the Logos Bible software icon 6 on the desktop windows 8.1 in the menu I have an option to run with graphic processor high performance NVIDIA processor or integrated graphics (default)

Will logos benefit by using the higher performance graphics card,?

Recently stumbled upon the setting on my laptop

mick

I think the  discrete  NVIDIA would perform better since windows is a graphics oriented OS as well as free up memory that an  integrated graphics option would use. How much is hard to tell. So, the GPU would free of CPU and Memory resources to be used by applications. The only down side would be if you are using a laptop and running on the battery the discrete option would use more battery.

Posts 139
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 12:52 PM

My 2 cents is this....   I would not use the discrete graphics for Logos.  The discrete graphics (whether AMD of Nvidia) are really for gaming.  Logo's does not really have any animation that would be benefited by the GPU.  Using the GPU has the main graphics engine will eat the battery faster as previously indicated.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 1:13 PM

Bob Soule:
I think the  discrete  NVIDIA would perform better since windows is a graphics oriented OS as well as free up memory that an  integrated graphics option would use. How much is hard to tell. So, the GPU would free of CPU and Memory resources to be used by applications. The only down side would be if you are using a laptop and running on the battery the discrete option would use more batte

Agreed.  When Logos 4 first came out, a discrete graphics card made a sizable difference in UI performance.  I had a laptop back then that I could switch between integrated and discrete, and it was a significant difference.  However, integrated graphics have approved considerably since then, so the difference may be much less noticeable now.   I only have integrated graphics in my current laptop, so I can't test it anymore.

Benefits of integrated graphics:  Less battery usage, less heat and fan noise.

Benefits of discrete graphics: More RAM available for program usage and faster graphics performance.  (whether it is significant will depend on the computer)

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS