Question about pop-up info in Atlas on Macs

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 12 2015 3:45 PM

Watching this video, I see an ability to hover a city to get information about that city: https://www.logos.com/training/logos6/desktop/atlas  (It's at about the :47 second mark.)

For the life of me, I can't get this work on any map in the Atlas. The ability to see the distance between any two cities is there, just not the pop-up info when I put my cursor over a city. (It remains as a hand, and doesn't change to a point.)

The graphic quality isn't exactly clear either, but I could tolerate that if I was getting the pop-up info I was expecting.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Posts 805
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 5:43 PM

mwk67:

Watching this video, I see an ability to hover a city to get information about that city: https://www.logos.com/training/logos6/desktop/atlas  (It's at about the :47 second mark.)

For the life of me, I can't get this work on any map in the Atlas. The ability to see the distance between any two cities is there, just not the pop-up info when I put my cursor over a city. (It remains as a hand, and doesn't change to a point.)

The graphic quality isn't exactly clear either, but I could tolerate that if I was getting the pop-up info I was expecting.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I'm not sure. Let's confirm what should be true:

1. This link should open the map "Jesus and Family Visit the Temple" (if it doesn't, open Atlas and search for this string)
  2. Once you've got the map open, does hovering the cursor over the dot for Nazareth produce something like this?

If not, can you check what datasets you have? (Upper right corner, click on the question mark, select About Logos Bible Software). You should have these two (and many others);

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 6:05 PM

Thanks for the response.

I have the Logos 6 Features Crossgrade.

I get to the map like you have, but nothing comes up when hovering.

Looking at the datasets, I guess we see where the problem is as these are the only four things that show up:

I thought the Features Crossgrade gave me what I needed, but perhaps not?

Posts 805
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 6:11 PM

Features Crossgrade should provide what you need. Has Logos downloaded and indexed all its resources? If so, please call our Technical Support team: I'll bet they can determine what's going on. 800-875-6467.

Posts 103
mwk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 6:15 PM

Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow. I've had Logos 6 for over a month now, so there's been plenty of time for indexing.

I'll see what support says. Thanks again.

Posts 22746
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 11:24 PM

I can reproduce this - no popup when hovering over places in the Atlas

It isn't specific to Nazareth, I don't get a popup anywhere.

This is both on 6.0a SR5 and the current beta release on 6.0b

Posts 805
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 5:09 AM

Graham Criddle:

I can reproduce this - no popup when hovering over places in the Atlas

It isn't specific to Nazareth, I don't get a popup anywhere.

This is both on 6.0a SR5 and the current beta release on 6.0b

Thanks Graham: i'll report this as a bug.

Posts 22746
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 6:41 AM

Thanks Sean

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS