Typing in notes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 13 2015 12:41 AM

For some reason, when I copy and paste some text in a note and I start writing at the beginning of that note, the first letter comes at an other position of the text, but the second, comes at the normal place, i.e. the second position.

Suppose I copy the line This is a test. and put my cursor straight before the T and start typing the word Hello, the first letter comes after the full stop, but the second letter comes immediately after the T, like this:

Tellohis is a test.H

It only happens after copying and only at the beginning of the line. In other words. If I want to write great before the word test, there is no problem.

Is this a bug?

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 1:10 AM

That sounds like a bug, but I cannot reproduce it. Here is what I tried. Tell me if this is exactly what you did, and if it's not quite what you did, can you reproduce the problem when you do this? If not, please give this level of detail describing how you were able to reproduce it.

• Copy This is a test from your forum post by selecting it and typing Ctrl+C.
  • Open a Note file (one that already existed with a couple of other notes in it)
  • Click Add Note
  • Type Ctrl+V to paste in the text.
  • Press Home to go to the beginning of the line.
  • Type: Hello.

If you can reproduce it doing those steps and I can't, then maybe you're using a different version of Logos than I am. Are you using the Mac version? (I'm using Windows.) Are you using 6.0 or 6.0a? (I'm using a 6.0b release candidate; still in beta testing, so you might not have it yet.)

Posts 248
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 3:13 AM

Rosie Perera:

If you can reproduce it doing those steps (...) Are you using 6.0 or 6.0a?

Yes, I can reproduce it. I am using Windows.

My version is: 6.0a SR-56.0.1.1352

Posts 23029
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 3:23 AM

Patrick Rietveld:
My version is: 6.0a SR-56.0.1.1352

Very strange - I can't reproduce it using the steps outlined by Rosie and yourself using the same version (6.0a SR5) and Windows 8.1

Posts 18888
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 3:23 AM

Hmm, well maybe it's a bug that got fixed in 6.0b. It should be shipping any day now, because it's already at RC2. I don't recall seeing that bug reported before or any note that it's been fixed. But you could wait to try it out again once 6.0b goes "gold" and if it's still a problem, "bump" this thread so somebody at Faithlife can try to reproduce it.

Or maybe someone else can reproduce it too and confirm your finding.

EDIT: I just saw that Graham can't reproduce it using the same version as you.

Maybe you could try to record a screencast of it (using the free tool Jing) to post here so that we can see the behavior happening. But no worries if you don't have time or don't want to get that deeply involved in troubleshooting this.

Posts 2396
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 3:43 AM

I've had this happen to me as well.  It's been a while, but if it happens again I'll try to reproduce it.

Posts 582
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 9:08 AM

Thank you. This has already been reported and will be fixed in an upcoming release. (original thread https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99003.aspx)

Posts 23029
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 9:12 AM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):
Thank you. This has already been reported and will be fixed in an upcoming release. (original thread https://community.logos.com/forums/t/99003.aspx)

Hi Alan

That thread was reported as an issue when a scripture reference was at the beginning of a line. I could reproduce that one but can't reproduce this one.

Are you sure it is the same problem?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 582
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 9:53 AM

Graham Criddle:
Are you sure it is the same problem?

I don't want to appear over-confident; but, yes, I think it is the same problem. Having implemented the fix for the other issue, I do know that it could definitely manifest itself in the way described above.

This fix will likely not be in 6.0b because 6.0b is currently in RC. However, it should be in the first beta of the next release.

Posts 23029
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 13 2015 11:14 AM

Hi Alan

Thanks for checking

Graham 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS