Time for a little diversion

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 225
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:18 PM

Haven't been around long in these forums, starting to get a sense of who's who and the different "characters" (typonazis, class clowns, etc). One thing I always muse over is what the different avatars / log in pics mean (if anything) - some are more obvious than others - for instance, mine is of my evil twin brother who is responsible for all the havoc that I end up being blamed for. Others are a little more intriguing. Care to share?

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 27987
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:22 PM

Jeremy White:
Others are a little more intriguing. Care to share?

My avatar was a gift from another forum member after my comment that I was a little old lady hiding in the shadows.  I have since decided that my sacks contain books that have been replaced by Logos resources.  I'm headed to a second-hand book store to sell them in order to afford more Logos resources.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:32 PM

Jeremy White:
Care to share?

I like digging into the word, hence the shovel Big Smile

Posts 1448
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:35 PM

MJ. Smith:
I'm headed to a second-hand book store to sell them in order to afford more Logos resources

Thats pretty funny

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 8:48 PM

Jeremy White:
Care to share?

My granddoggie and me.

I have a grandson, but having trouble getting pregnant, my son and daughter-in-law got the dog.  That's all she took!

Charlie (the dog) is a Jack Russell terrier (HIGH strung) and scarcely remains in your arms very long.  This was a quick shot.  He has been accused of climbing trees, but that has yet to be proven.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:39 PM

I earned my avatar here:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/5405.aspx

Posts 3676
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:14 PM

Jeremy White:
Care to share?

Mine was taken by my laptop's webcam this summer, hundreds of miles from home, looking aft inside our motor home.... our 2nd home, & favorite activity when I'm not in the pulpit for that 1 month a year.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 10:50 PM

Jeremy White:
Care to share?

I just chose mine due to my love for the field.  My e-mail is luvmath03(AT)yahoo(DOT)com. 

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:17 PM

Jeremy White:
Care to share?

My eight year old daughter rides on my shoulders while we are walking in Yellowstone.

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 5:55 AM

Jeremy White:
One thing I always muse over is what the different avatars / log in pics mean (if anything)

This is me and my beautiful bride of 48+ years, although I have not yet even lived as long as Martha's parents have been married (75). Cool

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 6:19 AM

My avatar comes from my Facebook account. I took it with the webcam from my wife's Mac at night right before I went to bed.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:22 AM

The ugliest grandpa and the prettiest granddaughter in the world. Big Smile  I'm finding out how great this grandpa business is.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:39 AM

Gary O'Neal:
I'm finding out how great this grandpa business is.

Yes. And when they have children, it you will really be GREAT! Geeked

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:43 AM

My avatar is Pancho-the-wonder-dog.

I always told my wife that a "mans dog" is one that's huge and if you have a dog that's small enough to sit on and kill...a real man wouldn't be caught dead owning one.

Well...we answered an ad...and this little face looked up at me...and that's all it took...

He's been my buddy ever since...he sits with me....rides in the car with me...sleeps with me....everything..

I always tell my wife...it's like I'm the king of pugville and he's my devoted servant...he's like velcro...where I go he goes....

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:59 AM

Despite the ugly rumor started by Richard (where is he lately?), I am not toking a bong in my pic.  My avatar is from my blog and shows me at a Coffee shop.  I am a church planter in Seattle and so the pic reflects my life... my only office is a cafe with wifi and Seattle is all about coffee.

It is nice to make your acquaintance Jeremy.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 579
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:05 AM

I'm a Disneyland fan. This picture was taken at a character breakfast for my birthday a couple years ago.

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:12 AM

I'm the one on the right.

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:36 AM

Kindred soul...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:13 AM

I am a turner and sculptor of wood, had a thumbnail handy, so here 'tis...

Welcome!

Debra

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:37 AM

I'm sort of an astronomy buff... when I look to the heavens I see God!  (Psalm 19:1; Romans 1:19-20)

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS