Time for a little diversion

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:45 AM

mine, beacuse as a Charismatic, and a dilbert lover, and beacuse if i knew senility was to begin at 30 would have planned things differently

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:19 PM

In honour of this thread I hereby change my avatar.

A few years ago my wife and I bought separate (Green) Larry (for her) and (Red) Bob (for me) shirts to wear at the Children's ministry.

My basic youth ministry motto (obviously based on a line from "Veggie Tales) is Larry's comment, "It's for the kids, Bob."

Regards, SteveF

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:27 PM

Retired physician.  Started a long time ago as a humorous way of letting people know when I was in or out.  Always had a soft spot for Lucy.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:17 AM

This is the pic that shows on my column with Christian Computing Magazine. I use it on facebook, twitter and in forums that have them. I colorized it in photoshop after turning it into a sketch. I think it is a little more interesting that just my ugly mug.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:31 AM

I tried to change mine a while ago, but everyone wanted me to change back. I've gone through quite a few Avatars back in the day, before I overcame my forum addiction.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 5:32 AM

DominicM:

mine, beacuse as a Charismatic, and a dilbert lover, and beacuse if i knew senility was to begin at 30 would have planned things differently

I got my brother the "20 years of Dilbert" for Christmas with every Dilbert ever published. He loves it.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:08 AM

Philip Spitzer:
before I overcame my forum addiction.

Now now Philip..what do we say at the meetings?

"once an addict, always an addict..."

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:39 AM

My avatar has morphed from the it's current incarnation to a few other things, a guinea pig at one point.

But I returned to this one, which is of me preaching in Chapel at a seminary in Haiti which I teach at once a year (except this year Sad for a two week intensive course).

My beard is actually gone now, and I'm gaining a bit more gray in my hair, but I still preach in cowboy boots.

AMENDED TO ADD: please pray for Haiti.  (1) that God will clear the way for help to get to the helpless. (2) That the Gospel will saturate their lives and transform their culture.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:56 AM

Robert Pavich:

Philip Spitzer:
before I overcame my forum addiction.

Now now Philip..what do we say at the meetings?

"once an addict, always an addict..."

No, seriously, I quite. I don't post here anymore. No...wait...I'm posting now.....NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 4:54 PM

Thomas Black:
pray for Haiti.  (1) that God will clear the way for help to get to the helpless. (2) That the Gospel will saturate their lives and transform their culture.

Amen. Praying....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:11 PM

Haven't decided on one yet, but didn't think the lovely gender-neutral profile icon was going to go away... so I just loaded a picture of what is on my back porch this season.  A chaise lounge waiting patiently for spring to melt away its blanket of snow drifts that are even higher now than when I took the picture.  (Half a dozen blizzards and two ice storms this year already.)

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:20 PM

Mine is due to it being one of the first avatar's I found when I was testing avatar functionality.

Absolutely no relation at all to having tried out Linux once or twice Smile

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 8:16 AM

Philip Spitzer:
I quite.

That's because you are always on the forum and have no time to talk with family and friends. Big Smile

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:25 PM

Yeah, I really didn't know what an avatar was until we set up the Nintendo Wii on Christmas day. My grown children had to "teach" me what an avatar was, why I needed one to play the game and how to select one. However, I was already posting on the Logos forums by that time, so my avatar must symbolize how technologically challenged I've become. Hmmm, guess it's time to make a change to my Logos avatar!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 9:55 PM

About my avatar:

My missionary parents took me to Sendai, Japan in 1970. That city was founded in 1600 by Samurai warlord Daimyo Date Masamune. He was known for the character qualities of Decisiveness, Determination & Loyalty. Read his Wikipedia page for some fascinating details.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:18 AM

And now mine has changed.

1. Because I shaved
  2. Because I really love a good cup of coffee
  3. Because I was tired of the old one
  4. Because it helps keep Philip confused.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:41 AM

Thomas Black:
And now mine has changed.
niceCoffee

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 7:49 AM

Thomas Black:
Because I really love a good cup of coffee

CoffeeYes+1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:41 AM

Thomas Black:
Because it helps keep Philip confused.

Uh...not just Philip..... Hmm

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:56 PM

Mine was taken on my new iMac's built-in camera using PhotoBooth. Cool I left my avatar blank for a long time, because I hate having my picture taken and usually look gormless (dumb in US-speak?) But having seen some of the others, hey! Mine is not too bad. Wink

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS