What's the difference between the ESV and the ESV?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 13 2015 10:20 PM

Hi, I noticed on the Logos Starter base package it has this listed:

ESV English–Greek Reverse Interlinear of the New Testament $19.95
The English–Greek Reverse Interlinear New Testament English Standard Version $19.95

ESV English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear of the Old Testament $19.95

The English–Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Old Testament English Standard Version $19.95

Which you can see here: 

Here's the link:
https://www.logos.com/product/43516/starter

Is there actually a difference between those products, if so what is it?
Or is it an error?

Posts 3706
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 1:43 AM

When I hover over each of the two NT instances, it shows different book previews.

But when I search Logos for each one using the authors indicated (John Schwandt being common to both), I can only find one product (the first preview).

I thought that perhaps they were complementary products integrated together. But since I own Gold, I check what I have and there is only one ESV product and one interlinear for the NT and for the OT listed in the product info pane:

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 3:44 AM

They are two different products:

The former is the one that's used in Logos 6. I wonder whether the latter is the older Libronix version, and included for people who prefer to use that platform?

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 3:51 AM

Mark Barnes:

The former is the one that's used in Logos 6. I wonder whether the latter is the older Libronix version, and included for people who prefer to use that platform?

Thanks for the reply, as for including it for people who prefer to use that platform, this is from the page for a starter base package for Logos 6. Why would you include something for new customers who've never used that platform before?

Posts 18818
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 4:12 AM

Francis:

Also, neither one of them says it is included in Starter or any of the other base packages. But they both are.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 5:48 AM

David Roberts:

Mark Barnes:

Thanks for the reply, as for including it for people who prefer to use that platform, this is from the page for a starter base package for Logos 6. Why would you include something for new customers who've never used that platform before?

I guess that there's no point NOT including it, given that it exists.

Posts 8112
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:01 AM

The two ESV reverse interlinear resources are linked together internally; selling one always includes the other. This is a backwards compatibility constraint from the initial launch of Logos 4. (But listing both, when one isn't actually supported in Logos 6, seems unnecessarily confusing.)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS