Verbum and Logos differences

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:10 PM

What are the differences between the Verbum and Logos programs?

I had assumed that they were the same program with different resources, so I was surprised to find that they install the program in a different location.

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 10:56 PM

Verbum does not include the Bookstore feature or the external web sermon resources of Logos. It assumes a larger canon and includes the Catholic Topical Index and some default collections (Church documents, Church Fathers and catechism) by default. Every so often I run into another difference but they are never memorable.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:29 PM

Aren't there some special lectionary features in Verbum?

Here's a video that explains Verbum's new lectionary layout and how it integrates with the Roman Missal:

http://scripturestudysoftware.com/2013/07/12/verbum-update-new-lectionary-layout-and-roman-missal/ 

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 14 2015 11:49 PM

Rosie Perera:

Aren't there some special lectionary features in Verbum?

Here's a video that explains Verbum's new lectionary layout and how it integrates with the Roman Missal:

http://scripturestudysoftware.com/2013/07/12/verbum-update-new-lectionary-layout-and-roman-missal/ 

I get identical behavior in Verbum and in Logos (with Verbum set to no). I keep waiting for the Anglicans, Orthodox, Lutherans, et. al. to demand the same tie to their missal-equivalent but that is the only portion specific to Catholics and it is tied to the lectionary rather than Verbum/Logos distinction.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS