New Bug in Text Selection on 6.0b 6.0.2.0042?

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 53 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 77
Dale Garman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 6:46 AM

I have tried this solution and it seems to work.  Although then it disables one of the major features, at least as I understand it of keeping everything linked?  Or is it for some other purpose?  I can't really find a reference that describes what this feature is supposed to do.  But I'm assuming this is still a bug and is only a temporary workaround?

Posts 21633
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 7:01 AM

Dale Garman:
Although then it disables one of the major features, at least as I understand it of keeping everything linked?  Or is it for some other purpose?

It is for some other purpose.

"Links to open panels" provides the ability to identify where a place in one resource is referenced in another. For example, if you have a Bible open to a particular verse and are looking up a word in that verse in a lexicon, the verse indication in the lexicon will be highlighted making it easy to see how it is described. See example below

To actually link resources so that they scroll together you use Linking - https://wiki.logos.com/Linking_Resources 

Dale Garman:
But I'm assuming this is still a bug and is only a temporary workaround?

Yes - this is correct

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 8:56 AM

Graham is correct.

Personally, I would recommend disabling that visual filter in all resources and only turning it on in specific cases because it is a very aggressive visual filter with regard to how much work it performs.

Posts 6
Chip Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 8:59 AM

Thanks so much. I'll use the workaround when copying verses until the bug gets fixed.

Posts 3653
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 11:37 AM

Alan Palmer (Faithlife):

Graham is correct.

Personally, I would recommend disabling that visual filter in all resources and only turning it on in specific cases because it is a very aggressive visual filter with regard to how much work it performs.

After working about 10hr yesterday in the same resource where I've been having problems, I can report that this fix helps with problem as I've previously reported them, but it doesn't completely eliminate all problems with selection. Random but numerous instances of some sort of selection "inversion" (the last part of the text selected seems to act as an anchor for several pages of text that I DIDN'T want to be selected instead).

Blessings on your effort to find & fix this annoying bug.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 162
LogosEmployee
Chris Culy (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 2:12 PM

I have implemented a fix for this issue. We will update this thread when the fix ships publicly. Thank you!

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 26 2015 3:01 PM

Thanks! Here is the thread with my screen casts and screen shots of the bug if it helps:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/99669/689680.aspx#689680

Posts 3653
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 27 2015 11:58 AM

Chris Culy (Faithlife):

I have implemented a fix for this issue. We will update this thread when the fix ships publicly. Thank you!

Thank you!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 7
Rich Milne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 8:20 AM

Alan, I have also posted here( https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100244.aspx) but will now just post and follow on this thread. The suggested fix seems to work for me as well, except if one decides to scroll down rather rapidly to make a selection. Then, as before the end point suddenly pivots to become the start point, or again, much more text is selected than one intended. But if I select slowly, the work around seems to indeed work. Thanks for this interim solution!

Posts 7
Steven Spence | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 3 2015 9:48 AM

I've turned that feature off and the weird highlighting still continues to happen.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 2:39 PM

Chris Culy (Faithlife):

This should be fixed in 6.0b SR-3. 

Posts 4
John Olin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 8:05 PM

I too am experiencing this exact issue in multiple resources. It seems to happen mostly when i continue to hold the mouse button too long after finishing the highlight. (when i say too long i mean maybe a second too long.)

I hope this gets fixed. I do a lot of highlighting and it gets harder to do it quickly.

UPDATE: The update fixed the problem. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posts 3653
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 9:29 AM

Angela Murashov:

Chris Culy (Faithlife):

This should be fixed in 6.0b SR-3. 

After installation of 6.0b SR-3, & a quick check in the resource where I REALLY experienced the issue----I couldn't get it to fail.

I have more highlighting work over this next hour (different layout, different resource), & will report back if there are any issues.

THANKS MUCH for the fix that has really helped this one!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 6
Maxine Blackwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 6:19 PM

Problem solved. Yaahoooo!  Try update 6.0b  SR3 from 2/10/2015.  Thank you Logos.  That was a frustrating problem.

Page 3 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS