Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 18 2015 8:05 PM

I need some help.  I am trying to diagram a sentence Greek that has ὅτι as a conjunction substantival content. I'm not sure how to display it (above the baseline or below it.)  I could use some help.  Thanks so much.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 8:11 PM

Clifford L. Frazier:

I need some help.  I am trying to diagram a sentence Greek that has ὅτι as a conjunction substantival content. I'm not sure how to display it (above the baseline or below it.)  I could use some help.  Thanks so much.

Passage?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 10:49 PM

Thank you for responding, but I found the answer (and I learned to pray - smile).  It was Eph 2:11.  But, again, I was fortunate to find the answer.  It wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined.  Thanks for your help.

Technorev

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 11:49 PM

Clifford L. Frazier:

Thank you for responding, but I found the answer (and I learned to pray - smile).  It was Eph 2:11.  But, again, I was fortunate to find the answer.  It wasn't as difficult as I'd imagined.  Thanks for your help.

Technorev

Ὅτι is not a conjunction in this passage.  It is BDAG's #1 a "marker of narrative or discourse content—remember THAT … (content to be remembered).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 45
Clifford L. Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 12:35 AM

Thank you.  The ὅτι to which I refer is verse 11.  Now, I'm still in learning mode, but in both my ESV interlinear and the NA28 mouse over parses ὅτι as a conjunction substantival content.  I'm always eager to learn what the difference is and why it is different.  Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS