Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:05 AM

I just returned from my 3rd trip to Haiti in the last 11 months.  The children of Haiti have touched my heart in a way I can't explain.

I was the group leader for a group of 20, mostly college aged young adults.  The two most important programs I used this trip were Google Translate and Logos.  I have never led a group before.  My first trip was as a member of a group of 12 people, only one of whom I knew.  My second trip was by myself and I was there to take pictures and update profiles of sponsored children and children looking for sponsors.  I do not like being in the spotlight, so God pulled me way out of my comfort zone for this trip.

As part of my responsibilities, I had to lead devotions each night.  This is where Logos saved me.  I have had Logos for a few years now but have never really understood all of the workings of what I could do with it (I still don't).  On this trip however, as I was developing devotions, I learned to conduct searches in a much more efficient manner. I learned to use multiple resources at the same time, comparing lines of thought from various authors.  Logos saved me.  I received many comments on the devotions and how I challenged the group.  None of that would have been possible without the Lords leading and Logos.

Mesi Segne, and mesi Logos.

Posts 2170
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 7:18 AM

The children of Haiti would certainly touch the heart of a compassionate person.  My oldest son has worked there and his wife (to be at that time) was there for a year including the earthquake time. They would echo your comments.  

I was surprised to find Logos ABSENT at the 2015 Missionconnexion conference in Portland. Or did I just miss them?

Posts 371
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 7:18 AM

Thanks so much for sharing.

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 9:42 AM

Thanks for sharing. God Bless you always forever!

James

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS