Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 21 2015 5:03 PM

Microsoft unveiled Windows 10 today. Approximately how long will it be before Logos or Faithlife is compatible with Windows 10 after it's release?

Posts 26538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 5:08 PM

I would expect it to be compatible as soon as Windows 10 is released in the fall. I would also expect that Faithlife has been testing against it for some time and took it into consideration when developing L6

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:02 PM

Wait a minute did they skip 9 altogether?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:07 PM

James Hiddle:
Wait a minute did they skip 9 altogether?

Yep, they did.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:29 PM

William M. Harper:

Microsoft unveiled Windows 10 today. Approximately how long will it be before Logos or Faithlife is compatible with Windows 10 after it's release?

I've been running Windows 10 Technical Preview for several months.  Logos is fully compatible with it.

Posts 2255
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 8:44 PM

Once Microsoft gives developers a release candidate, any minor issues can be dealt with. Rather than mere compatibility, it would be interesting if there are any new features that Logos 6 might be able to add in Windows 10.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 26538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 9:01 PM

mab:

Once Microsoft gives developers a release candidate, any minor issues can be dealt with. Rather than mere compatibility, it would be interesting if there are any new features that Logos 6 might be able to add in Windows 10.

We won't know for years as Faithlife has a number of users who will notchange OS immediately.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8021
LogosEmployee

William M. Harper:
Approximately how long will it be before Logos or Faithlife is compatible with Windows 10 after it's release?

Right now, both Logos 5 and Logos 6 run great on the latest Windows Technical Preview released by Microsoft.

We don't anticipate any major compatibility problems, but we will be tracking the Technical and Consumer Previews as they're released, and will aim to have a fully-compatible version available on launch day. (If there are Windows-10-only features that Logos 6 could take advantage of, those might not be ready right at launch; we'll have to wait for more details on what's in Windows 10 for desktop developers.)

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 10:06 PM

Windows 10 looks great and combined with my Logos 6 it's going to be greater. :)

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Posts 980
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 10:33 PM

And they say that for the first year it will be a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users!

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:24 AM

Tom Reynolds:

And they say that for the first year it will be a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 users!

That's for the heads up on that one! The primary thing I want to know is, what is the performance like compared with Windows 8.1?
Pretty much the same, faster or slower. That is the ultimate factor that will determine if I switch to Windows 10 or not...

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:09 AM

David Roberts:
The primary thing I want to know is, what is the performance like compared with Windows 8.1?
Pretty much the same, faster or slower. That is the ultimate factor that will determine if I switch to Windows 10 or not...

I test Technical Release of Windows 10 since the beginning and I have had no problems with the performance of Logos. I would say it is the same as Win8.1 (which is good). There are many reasons to jump up to the Windows 10 wagon. The across-devices unity of apps, the function that it adjusts automatically to the type of device (whether mobile or desktop, etc.) and many other features.

One of the main things for me is hope that we will see Logos app soon, working on all devices, including WP smartphone. Will we? Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:28 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

David Roberts:
The primary thing I want to know is, what is the performance like compared with Windows 8.1?

I test Technical Release of Windows 10 since the beginning and I have had no problems with the performance of Logos. I would say it is the same as Win8.1 (which is good). There are many reasons to jump up to the Windows 10 wagon. The across-devices unity of apps, the function that it adjusts automatically to the type of device (whether mobile or desktop, etc.) and many other features.

One of the main things for me is hope that we will see Logos app soon, working on all devices, including WP smartphone. Will we? Smile

My computer is limited to 4GB of Ram via the motherboard, and has a dual core processor. How well would windows 10 run on it?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:32 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

I test Technical Release of Windows 10 since the beginning and I have had no problems with the performance of Logos. I would say it is the same as Win8.1 (which is good).

I also have not experienced any problems.

Bohuslav Wojnar:

+1 Yes

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:41 AM

Lynden Williams:

My computer is limited to 4GB of Ram via the motherboard, and has a dual core processor. How well would windows 10 run on it?

The computer I use for testing is an old desktop with 2GB Ram that had Windows Vista installed on it. I'm amazed at how well Windows 10 (and Logos 6) runs on it.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 6:55 AM

Lynden Williams:

If it runs Windows 7 fine, it will run Windows 10 better.  Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 all have the same hardware requirements as 7 and all run faster on the same hardware than 7.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 9:19 AM

The Hologram technology looks pretty cool. Wonder if you can access Logos through that?

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 8:03 PM

Ron:

Lynden Williams:

If it runs Windows 7 fine, it will run Windows 10 better.  Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 all have the same hardware requirements as 7 and all run faster on the same hardware than 7.

Thanks Ron.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 7:32 AM

Thank you all for the replies. That answered my question and then some. There are a lot of tech savvy Logos users on here. Blessings be to all of you in the LORD. Computer

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 8:28 AM

Lynden Williams:

Ron:

Lynden Williams:

Thanks Ron.

No problem Smile

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS