Custom order of canonical books...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:13 AM

The Latin West used to arrange the four Gospels thus: Matthew, John, Luke, and Mark.
The Syriac Orthodox Church places the major General epistles (James, 1 Peter, and 1 John) immediately after Acts and before the Pauline epistles, etc... and there are other traditions too. Or perhaps you'll want to see all the writings of John listed together.

Just a suggestion. :)

Posts 26531
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 2:41 AM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:25 AM

YesYes

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 3:42 AM

MJ. Smith:

No, Faithlife has yet to understand that for many of us there is no "standard" sequence but rather several "standard sequences". 

Rayner:

Fully agree with all of this.  Also require more support for the apocrypha.  Protestants typically have a smaller canon and this impacts the rest of the software.

Look what's missing from protestant bibles. :p

Posts 540
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 6:39 AM

Yes An excellent suggestions - would be good to have a few "pre-defined" orders as well, covering the situations you mentioned.

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 8:16 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be starting preliminary design work on canon preference soon. See here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/99633/689300.aspx#689300

Posts 161
David Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:53 PM

Eli Evans:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be starting preliminary design work on canon preference soon. See here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/99633/689300.aspx#689300

Wow! Thanks for the reply! I'm checking out that other link you provided...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS