The Gospel According to the Old Testament Series

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 18 2010 3:07 PM
Missing from the Logos catalogue as suggested by Stephen Steele below on thread two

- A Journey to Wholeness: The Gospel According to Naaman's Slave Girl by Mark Belz
- Inconspicuous Providence: The Gospel According to Esther by Bryan Gregory
- Severe Compassion: The Gospel According to Nahum by Gregory D. Coo

-Recovering Eden: The Gospel According to Ecclesiastes by Zachary W. Eswine

-From Bondage to Liberty: The Gospel According to Moses by Anthony T. Selvaggio

A great series i would love to see in Logos. Thanks.   Ted  
  1. Hope in the Midst of a Hostile World: The Gospel According to Daniel (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by George M. Schwab
  2. Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Iain M. Duguid
  3. Crying Out for Vindication: The Gospel According to Job (Gospel According to the Old Testament) by David R. Jackson
  4. Salvation Through Judgment And Mercy: The Gospel According to Jonah (Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Bryan D. Estelle
  5. Immanuel in Our Place: Seeing Christ in Israel's Worship (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Tremper Longman
  6. Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace: The Gospel in the Lives of Isaac and Jacob (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Iain M. Duguid
  7. Faith in the Face of Apostasy: The Gospel According to Elijah and Elisha (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Raymond B. Dillard
  8. Love Divine and Unfailing: The Gospel According to Hosea by Michael P. V. Barrett

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:05 AM

I second this. It's a terrific series. We need these!

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 3:30 AM

Ted Hans:

A great series i would love to see in Logos. Thanks.

Ted  

1. Hope in the Midst of a Hostile World: The Gospel According to Daniel (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by George M. Schwab
  2. Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Iain M. Duguid
  3. Crying Out for Vindication: The Gospel According to Job (Gospel According to the Old Testament) by David R. Jackson
  4. Salvation Through Judgment And Mercy: The Gospel According to Jonah (Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Bryan D. Estelle
  5. Immanuel in Our Place: Seeing Christ in Israel's Worship (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Tremper Longman
  6. Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace: The Gospel in the Lives of Isaac and Jacob (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Iain M. Duguid
  7. Faith in the Face of Apostasy: The Gospel According to Elijah and Elisha (The Gospel According to the Old Testament) by Raymond B. Dillard
  8. Love Divine and Unfailing: The Gospel According to Hosea by Michael P. V. Barrett

Yes Yes Yes

Ted spot on, this is a great series,  I have all of these plus an additonal 2 titles on my bookshelf

9. From Famine to Fullness: The Gospel According to Fullness by Dean. R. Ulrich

10. After God's Own Heart: The Gospel According to David by Mark J. Boda

The are published by P&R Publishing.  Tremper Longman and J.Alan Groves are the series editors

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 3:49 AM

Andrew McKenzie:

9. From Famine to Fullness: The Gospel According to Fullness by Dean. R. Ulrich

10. After God's Own Heart: The Gospel According to David by Mark J. Boda

Yes

Thanks Andrew for spoting this - an oversight on my part. Yes the Ruth and David volume, how I could have miss this beats me as I have all ten in my paper library.

Ted.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 98
JJ Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 2:18 PM

Looks very good... as does the new one on Judges! 

Posts 44
Peter Keay | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2012 12:35 PM

Yes Definitely would love this.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 7:55 AM

Yes

Posts 26147
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 1:10 PM

Ted Hans:
A great series i would love to see in Logos

I trust you also emailed Logos. While they are outside the series I'd also like to see:

Christ in the Psalms by Patrick Henry Reardon

Lovely, Like Jerusalem: The Fulfillment of the Old Testament in Christ and the Church by Aidan Nichols

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2690
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2012 1:37 PM

Thank MJ for asking. The answer is Yes to your question. I will try resending the suggestion again including a link to this thread as there has been some support for the books suggested including yours. Regards.

Posts 566
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2012 10:09 AM

I would like to see these, too. Here is the link to the books. From what I can see, there are 12 books in this series.

Logos 8.1.0.0016 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.2 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 10
Brandon Hirth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:55 AM

Yes just saw this page....i would also like to recommend this series be added

Posts 300
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:59 AM

Yes

Posts 449
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:04 PM

I've been hugely blessed by the Judges volume.

Here's the whole list at the publisher (P&R): Gospel According to the Old Testament Series

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:41 PM

We simply have to get Logos to get ANY - even ONE title - from P&R.  But this is a great place to start.

HOW ABOUT IT, P&R?!!!  WE'RE TALKIN' TO YOU!!!

Big Smile

Posts 71
Steven Langella | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:19 AM

Reading Crying out for Vindication The Gospel According to Job by David Jackson!

Would love to see the whole series on Logos!!!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 6:10 AM

In case you've missed it, this is now on prepub: Gospel according to the Old Testament Series (13 vols.).

MJ, you're recommending this?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:43 AM

fgh:

In case you've missed it, this is now on prepub: Gospel according to the Old Testament Series (13 vols.).

MJ, you're recommending this?

Thank you for noticing and posting this!

What's quite funny is that I just started buying the paperbacks...last week. Now I have to decide if I want to return the dead trees and wait for Logos...or keep them for use now and decide what to do with them later.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:54 PM

Thanks fgh! I'm in!

Posts 71
Steven Langella | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 9:53 AM

This is GREAT NEWS!!! 

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS